Letter from the reader | A thank you to the UR community

<p>A motorcyclist from the Charles A. Ransom Post 186 at the American Legion during Chancellor E. Bruce Heilman's celebration of life on Sunday, Oct. 27, 2019. Heilman was a World War II veteran and avid motorcyclist, as well as a member of Post 186.</p>

A motorcyclist from the Charles A. Ransom Post 186 at the American Legion during Chancellor E. Bruce Heilman's celebration of life on Sunday, Oct. 27, 2019. Heilman was a World War II veteran and avid motorcyclist, as well as a member of Post 186.

On Dec. 13, I picked up the memory books that were in the Heilman Dining Center after Dad’s death. I couldn’t sleep that night, so I finished reading them at 4 a.m. 

The notes from staff, present and past students and even my great nieces and nephews had me in tears. The outpouring of love, admiration and respect for Dad is simply overwhelming to my siblings and me.

The suddenness of Dad’s passing is still a shock for us, but the support from friends like you all has been such a comfort. Dad lived life on his own terms and to the fullest. He was at peace when he left us and was ready to be with Mom.

Thank you so much to everyone for caring so much about our family. There are no words to express our deep appreciation of the outpouring of love and gratitude you have shown us.

With sincere thanks,

Bobbie Heilman Murphy and the entire Heilman Family