Before and after COVID-19

<p>A sign reminding students to adhere to distancing guidelines stands outside the cafeteria tent in the forum on Sept. 8.</p>

A sign reminding students to adhere to distancing guidelines stands outside the cafeteria tent in the forum on Sept. 8.

Before PC: Jaclyn Opie         After PC: Ben Wasserstein  

The Jepson School of Leadership, a staple of the campus’ academic mission, had a tent placed in front to accommodate for social distancing guidelines.

Ben Wasserstein

The forum, which in January hosted an anti-racism protest, is now home to a large outdoor tent where many eat their d-hall meals.

Ben Wasserstein

President Crutcher delivers his State of the University address before a crowd in 2019 and before a live stream in 2020.

Ben Wasserstein

The pier, a once spot for performances and social hangouts now operates as overflow dining areas and socially distanced study spaces.

Before PC: Emma Davis      After PC: Ben Wasserstein

Boatwright Memorial Library at the start of the pandemic appeared more or less the same but in preparation for the return of students for the fall semester had an outdoor tent installed.

Contact visual editor Ben Wasserstein at ben.wasterstein@richmond.edu.