UR Weekly Roundup | Week of March 27

<p>Photos by Madyson Fitzgerald and Ben Wasserstein.</p>

Photos by Madyson Fitzgerald and Ben Wasserstein.

From an activities fair to charity opportunities, here are some ways to get involved on campus this week.

Layli Long Soldier poetry reading

Monday 6 p.m.

Layli Long Soldier, a National Book Critics Circle Award for Poetry winner and a National Book Award and Griffin Poetry Prize finalist, will give a poetry reading and book signing in the Carole Weinstein International Center Commons. The event is open to the public. 

Socialize with Subs: Marketing and Communications Networking Night

Tuesday 6 p.m. - 7:30 p.m.

If you are interested in a career in communications or marketing, come to the Alice Haynes Room for an opportunity to network with a panel of professionals. Business casual attire is required, and food will be provided. Register for the event here.

Healthcare DIY Service 

Thursday 3 p.m. - 5 p.m.

Are you looking for a volunteer opportunity? The Bonner Center for Civic Engagement is sponsoring a DIY service opportunity, during which you will be making Nourishment Kits for the Richmond Behavioral Health Authority. Every year, RBHA offers food to 13,000 people in Richmond who are experiencing food insecurity. The event will take place in the Tyler Haynes Commons Think Tank, and you can register here.

Shine On: The Importance of Transgender Visibility in Today's World

Friday 12 p.m. - 1 p.m.

This Friday is the International Transgender Day of Visibility. The Student Center for Equity and Inclusion is hosting a keynote in the Carole Weinstein International Center Commons, featuring speaker Dexter Davis. He is a Hampton-based motivational speaker, artist and consultant who is working with organizations like The National Transgender Sports Association, Black Transmen Can Cook and The Men in Transition. Lunch will be provided at the event.

Spring Fling

Friday 2 p.m. - 5 p.m.

SpiderBoard, in collaboration with the Richmond College Student Government Association and the Westhampton College Government Association, is hosting an activities fair. Come to the Westhampton Green for live music, a raffle and food trucks from jiji Frozen Custard and Woodhead’s Grill.

Relay for Life 

Saturday 5 p.m. - 9 p.m.

The University of Richmond's Relay for Life will be held at the Weinstein Center for Recreation, and all proceeds will be donated to the American Cancer Society. Attendees can enjoy food, live music and games, and spend time with others while walking the track. If you are looking to join or create a relay team, you can follow this link.

Contact lifestyle editor Son Tran at son.tran@richmond.edu.