UR Weekly Roundup | Week of April 3

<p>Photos by Madyson Fitzgerald and Ben Wasserstein.</p>

Photos by Madyson Fitzgerald and Ben Wasserstein.

April is here, which means there are only four weeks left in this semester. If you’re looking for activities this week, here are some events happening on and off campus.

Bored Teachers

Tuesday 7 p.m.

Bored Teachers is a website that provides educators with an outlet to find humor in the chaos, irritation and weariness that often accompanies the profession. They also have a U.S tour called, BORED TEACHERS: WE CAN'T MAKE THIS STUFF UP! COMEDY TOUR.

Come to the Dominion Energy Center for an evening filled with laughter, with a lineup of hilarious teacher-comedians. Tickets can be purchased here.

Finding & Maintaining Professional Connections

Wednesday 5 p.m. - 6 p.m. 

If you’re looking to improve your communication skills, come to room 305 in the Tyler Haynes Commons, where you’ll learn about how to write a professional email, a thank-you note or create an elevator pitch. Register for the event here

UR Symphony Orchestra

Wednesday 7:30 p.m.

As part of the Department of Music Free Concert Series, the University of Richmond Symphony is performing a selection of classical repertoire in Camp Concert Hall. Tickets are not required for this event.

Spring Fever: TAVE GUN

Saturday 5 p.m.

The Richmond Octaves is hosting its 34th annual spring concert at the Jenkins Greek Theater, featuring many hit songs and a special performance from a guest group. Tickets can be purchased here

Lavender Graduation/Rainbow Prom

Saturday 6 p.m. - 10 p.m.

Lavender Graduation is an annual graduation event to celebrate the achievements of LGBTQ+ graduates, students, faculty and staff. The ceremony will take place in the Queally Center from 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m., followed by the first ever Rainbow Prom. Both events are free and open to all students, faculty, staff, alumni and their invited guests. Register here to attend.