UR Weekly Roundup | Week Sept. 25

<p>Photos by Madyson Fitzgerald and Ben Wasserstein.</p>

Photos by Madyson Fitzgerald and Ben Wasserstein.

Sweater weather is finally here, just in time for the upcoming Family Weekend! Check out some events happening on and off campus this week. 

Richmond International Film Festival

Tuesday to Sunday

In its 12th installment, the festival will feature screenings of 195 films from over 15 countries along with more than 30 live music performances and other special events. You can attend the festival by purchasing tickets, badges or passes here

Indoor Rock Climbing 

Friday 6:30 p.m. to 9 p.m.

Are you looking to take up a new sport? The Outdoor and Recreational Services is organizing a trip to the Triangle Rock Club Richmond, where you can try out a variety of climbing walls suitable for climbers of all levels. Transportation will be provided; admission is $8.50 and can be purchased here

Mid-Autumn Festival

Friday 7:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.

The Mid-Autumn Festival is a tradition in many East Asian countries to celebrate the harvest. Come to the Westhampton Green for a celebration hosted by the Student Center for Equity and Inclusion, with an opportunity to enjoy mooncakes and tea under the harvest moon.

SpiderNights Presents: Encanto & Empanadas

Friday 7:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.

Come to The Forum to celebrate National Hispanic Heritage Month with a screening of the Oscar-winning movie “Encanto” and free empanadas. Make sure you are there early for a chance to get a free SpiderBoard blanket and bug spray!

Family Weekend A Cappella Concert

Saturday 8 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.

If you are in the mood for a concert, all four a cappella groups at the University of Richmond, which are Choeur du Roi, Off the Cuff, The Octaves and The Sirens, will perform in concert at the Cannon Memorial Chapel. Tickets are $10 and can be purchased here.

Contact lifestyle editor Son Tran at son.tran@richmond.edu