UR Weekly Roundup | Week of Oct. 30

<p>Photos by Madyson Fitzgerald and Ben Wasserstein.</p>

Photos by Madyson Fitzgerald and Ben Wasserstein.

This week marks the beginning of November and the end of daylight saving time. Remember to adjust your clock and set aside some time to check out these events happening this week. 

Local Vendor Fair

Wednesday 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.

As part of this year’s Harvest Week, the University of Richmond Dining Services is giving students an opportunity to sample products from a host of its local partners. Vendors at the event include Blanchard’s Coffee, Route 11 Potato Chips and Greenswell Growers. The event will take place in the Tyler Haynes Commons, and you can check out the schedule for Harvest Week here.

Day of the Dead Celebration

Thursday 5 p.m. to 7 p.m.

Day of the Dead, or Dia de los Muertos, is a holiday largely originated in Mexico to commemorate and remember deceased loved ones. The Student Center for Equity and Inclusion is hosting a celebration for the second year, featuring tamales and Venezuelan food. If you would like to honor someone, you can submit the person’s name and photo here.

Full Disclosure @ Robins: Rashida Jones

Thursday 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.

This taping of “Full Disclosure,” a show on WVTF Radio IQ, will feature an interview with Rashida Jones, president of the news network MSNBC. The event will take place in the Ukrop Auditorium, followed by a networking reception. Tickets are free and can be purchased here.

Love & Laughter: An Evening with Anthony Hamilton

Friday 8 p.m.

Anthony Hamilton is a Grammy Award-winning R&B singer-songwriter known for his soulful vocals and emotionally charged songs like “Charlene,” “Best of Me” and “Comin’ from Where I’m From.” Hamilton will perform at the Altria Theater, with tickets starting at $75.

Resonate: Podcast Festival

Friday and Saturday

If you are interested in learning more about podcasting, whether from the listener or the producer’s view, come to the Institute for Contemporary Art for this two-day event. The festival will feature workshops, a pitch competition and a live performance. Check out the full schedule here.

Contact lifestyle editor Son Tran at son.tran@richmond.edu