UR Weekly Roundup | Week of Nov. 27

<p>Photos by Madyson Fitzgerald and Ben Wasserstein.</p>

Photos by Madyson Fitzgerald and Ben Wasserstein.

Welcome back Spiders! With Thanksgiving in the back, we are entering the final three weeks of this semester. If you need ideas for things to do, here are some events worth checking out this week. 

Aux Cord Wars

Monday 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.

Do you believe you curate the ultimate playlist among your friends? Join the Black Student Alliance at The Current for Aux Cord Wars, in which participants will compete head-to-head, selecting songs that perfectly match a category, while the audience determines the top pick through applause.

Bob Dylan: Rough and Rowdy Ways Tour

Monday 8 p.m.

Bob Dylan, whose iconic raspy voice and poetic lyrics have transcended more than five decades, is a legendary singer-songwriter who has touched the hearts of millions with his music. Dylan will perform at the Altria Theater, with tickets starting at $63.50.

The Sirens Annual Holiday Acapella Concert

Thursday 5:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.

In the mood for a concert on campus? The Sirens, UR’s all-female a capella group, is hosting its holiday concert at The Current, performing alongside the other three groups, Choeur du Roi, Off the Cuff and The Octāves. 

Full Disclosure @ Robins: Pete Buttigieg

Friday 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.

This taping of “Full Disclosure,” a show on WVTF Radio IQ, will feature an interview with Pete Buttigieg, the 19th Secretary of Transportation and former Democratic presidential candidate. The event will take place in Camp Concert Hall, followed by a networking reception. Tickets are sold out, but there will be a standby line an hour before the event.

Elf in Concert

Friday 7 p.m.

Are you looking for an early taste of Christmas spirit? "Elf in Concert" brings to life the classic and heartwarming tale of Buddy the Elf in a musical extravaganza. This delightful production combines the magic of the holiday season with lively tunes performed by the Richmond Symphony. Check out this performance at the Altria Theater, with tickets starting at $63.

Contact lifestyle editor Son Tran at son.tran@richmond.edu