Weekly Roundup | Week of Feb.19

<p>Photos by Madyson Fitzgerald and Ben Wasserstein.</p>

Photos by Madyson Fitzgerald and Ben Wasserstein.

Congratulations on completing another week of the semester, Spiders! Remember to save some time for yourself and enjoy the exciting events happening on campus. Here are a few ideas to get you started:

“A Thousand Deaths”: Anna Wong’s Death Acts 

Tuesday 12 p.m. to 1:15 p.m.

Join Professor Yiman Wang from the University of California, Santa Cruz for a keynote lecture on film and digital media. The event will take place in the Humanities Commons, where Professor Wang will explore the portrayal and underrepresentation of Asian Americans in the Hollywood imagination.

Black History Month Dinner

Tuesday 4 p.m. to 8 p.m.

Stop by the Heilman Dining Center to partake in the annual dinner celebration for Black History Month. Enjoy mouthwatering dishes including fried chicken, barbecue baby back pork ribs, Haitian chicken, okra gumbo and macaroni and cheese.

"Spielabend" German Game Night

Wednesday 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.

Join the German Department and friends in room 127 in Jepson Hall for an exhilarating event featuring German-themed cuisine, music, games and loads of fun inspired by German-speaking regions! All are welcome – no German knowledge required!

Cinematic Representations of East Asian American Women

Thursday 12 p.m. to 1:15 p.m.

Attend a keynote lecture by Professor Alexa Alice Joubin from George Washington University. The event will be hosted in the Humanities Commons, where she will explore methods for identifying misogynistic racism in films and discuss strategies for promoting inclusion within the film industry.

Gallery Talk with Ceramic Artists

Thursday 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.

Attend the Modlin Center Gallery talk by Elissa Armstrong and Jason Hackett, ceramic artists showcased in the "Rendered Fusion: Clay, Connection, Attention" exhibition. Stick around for a reception afterward. This event is free and open to all!

Spider Dash

Saturday 8 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.

Join the University of Richmond Spider Dash 5k, a festive event for the whole campus community! Experience a scenic run or walk through our stunning campus, followed by a celebratory meal at the Heilman Dining Center upon crossing the finish line!