Sunday, May 05, 2024

UR Weekly Roundup | Week of April 22

<p>Photos by Madyson Fitzgerald and Ben Wasserstein.</p>

Photos by Madyson Fitzgerald and Ben Wasserstein.

Congratulations, Spiders! As the last week of classes approaches, remember to take some well-deserved study breaks. Here are some events to help you unwind and celebrate all your hard work this semester.

Interrogating the Archive: Life as We Know it

Wednesday 5 p.m. to 7 p.m

Join Professor of American Studies Laura Browder, Associate Professor of Dance Alicia Diaz, Professor of Rhetoric and Communcations Nicole Maurantonio and Professor of Art Sandy Williams at the Modlin Center for a captivating performance and exhibition featuring the works of all of their students. Delve into students' explorations of history, including the University of Richmond's Confederate past, through dance, story maps and sculptures. Enjoy light refreshments as you witness their semester-long journey of reframing mistold histories.

Last Day of Classes Spring Concert

Friday 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. 

Hey there, Delilah! Come to the Westhampton Green to celebrate the last day of class with a concert featuring the headliner Plain White T’s, Off the Cuff and the Richmond Octāves. Don't forget to bring a blanket and enjoy the night with your friends!

Midnight Munchies

Sunday 10 p.m. to 11:55 p.m.

Need a break from studying? Unwind during your late-night study session at the Heilman Dining Center with a refreshing break! Delight in fried favorites, fresh fruits and vegetables, and delicious ice cream, all while enjoying tunes from a live DJ.

Contact lifestyle editor Emma Galgano at emma.galgano@richmond.edu.