Why shut down world's most popular sport?

Dear President Ayers:

Today is a day where all Americans get the chance to express their opinions at the ballot box. I am also honored today to have had a letter expressing my opinion about UR sports published in the Washington Post. I wrote this letter after reading your remarks about transparency and due process. I also wrote it after taking my ten year-old down to UR last Friday night to watch UR host VCU. The facilities and the soccer talent are much different than in my days. Yes we played on that same space, but the players and the facilities are dramatically improved.

It was an exciting game. I was struck by how it all concluded. It was big time soccer. Competitive, loud, and went down to the wire. Your Spiders played their hearts out. Exhausted and walking off the field, I really did expect some recognition from the University.

Today I remain perplexed and ask again why shut down the world's most popular sport at UR?

Today a CEO of a financial services trade association in Washington spoke out to his followers on twitter about UR sports. Hope Solo and Freddy Adu have as well. With today's A section coverage and last week's Sports coverage, more than 1 million Washington Post newspapers have carried this story. People still are asking why.

Can we have an open forum to discuss what happened and why, and seek that transparency you strive to achieve? We are UR, and I love Spider Soccer.

Thanks,

Allen H. Jones

UR 1985