Have you heard? Jeannie Neaylon

If you ever walk by the second floor bathroom in Robins you may have already gotten the chance to hear the musical picks of sophomore Jeannie Neaylon.

John Mayer -- "Free Fallin'"

Girl Talk -- "Feed the Animals"

Keke Palmer -- "Bottoms Up"

Augustana -- "Sweet and Low" (acoustic)

Old Crow Medicine Show -- "Wagon Wheel"

Graham Colton -- "Cellphane Girl"

Dave Matthews Band -- "Old Dirt Hill"

The Weepies -- "Can't Go Back Now"

Wyclef Jean -- "Slow Down"

John Butler Trio -- "Better Than"

Other than playing tunes while in the shower, Neaylon listens to her collection of music frequently, whether it be while she is lying in bed or doing homework. She tries to find specific songs to complement her changing moods, she said.

"Basically music is always on in my room," she said.

As a young girl, Neaylon said she idolized the Spice Girls and Backstreet Boys. Since then, she has expanded her artist selection and currently likes to listen to what she described as a cross between soft rock and alternative music.

Some of her favorites include Pepper, Sufjan Stevens, Augustana, Girl Talk, MIKA, the Weepies, Something Corporate, Ray Lamontagne, The Format, Cobra Starship, Needtobreathe and Graham Colton.

She recommends Graham Colton for those that do not know him. She first saw him perform when she was 16 and he was a member of the Graham Colton Band. His music is a cross between John Mayer, Matt Wertz and Matt Nathanson, she said.

Neaylon also attended an eclectic mix of concerts this summer that included Dave Matthews Band, Rascal Flatts, Hootie and the Blowfish, the Beach Boys, John Mayer and Colbie Caillat.

She tries to find new songs whenever she has down time and seems particularly enthusiastic about the updated version of iTunes. The new "genius sidebar" gives her song recommendations and helps her create new playlists, she said.

The only genres she strays away from are heavy metal and other "hard core" music. Her friends frequently ask her to make them CDs with the newest artists she has discovered that they have never heard of, she said.

Contact staff writer Jessica Murray at jessica.murray@richmond.edu