Police Report: 10/30/08

Arson

Oct. 12, 2:38 p.m. -- University police were called to Wood Hall where they discovered rags that had been lit on fire and moved throughout the inside and outside of Wood. Floor tiles on the staircase and the grass were burned and the walls had smoke damage.

Vandalism

Oct. 21, 11:06 a.m. -- A staff member's car, a Scion, was damaged in X-lot. Scratches were found on the rear passenger door. The damage was estimated at $200.

Oct. 23, 10:34 p.m. -- Ceiling tiles near the restroom on the first floor of the Tyler Haynes Commons were moved and damaged. The damage was estimated at $20.

Burglary

Oct. 21, 4:58 p.m. -- A Richmond College student's room in a Westhampton College residence hall was entered without his permission and $240 was stolen.

Oct. 23, 6:19 p.m. -- An RC student's room in a WC residence hall was entered without his permission and $500 was stolen.

Drug Violation

Oct. 25, 6 p.m. -- Drug paraphernalia was found in an RC student's room in Dennis Hall. He was referred to the dean.

Oct. 24, 1:49 a.m. -- Unknown subjects ran from a security officer on the baseball field. The officer found drug paraphernalia and marijuana that the subjects had dropped before running.

Liquor Law Violation

Oct. 26, 1:14 a.m. -- An RC student was arrested on a charge of being drunk in public in the Special Events parking lot across from the Robins Center. He was referred to the dean. When a person is arrested on a charge of being drunk in public he or she is usually arraigned the next day, and if found guilty, required to pay a fine, police captain Beth Simonds said.

Liquor Law/Drug Violation

Oct. 26, 2:22 a.m. -- A male Virginia Commonwealth University student was arrested on charges of marijuana and underage alcohol possession after a university police officer pulled him over for a traffic violation and discovered marijuana and alcohol in his car. The officer also found a black M16 rifle replica in the car. He was arrested in the 900 block of the University Forest Apartments on UR Drive.