The candidates for Richmond mayor

BILL PANTELE

Bill Pantele has served as a member of Richmond City Council representing the 2nd District since 2001. In 2007, he was elected by his council colleagues to the position of president of Richmond City Council. He formerly served as chairman of the council's finance committee and is currently co-chairman of the organizational development committee.

DWIGHT JONES

Dwight Jones was first elected to the Virginia House of Delegates in 1993. During that time, he had been working with members on both sides of the aisle to focus on providing health services, ensuring strong finances and protecting Richmond's neighborhoods and most fragile citizens. Since 1975, he has founded the South Richmond Senior Center and the Imani Intergenerational Community Development Corporation -- a community-based development corporation committed to the building of affordable housing, revitalization of distressed business areas and business development, as well as creating workforce initiatives and training.

ROBERT GREY

While pursuing a legal career, he remained active in civic affairs in the city. Grey has served on the boards of numerous civic organizations, including the Urban League, the Virginia Commonwealth University Business Council, the Board of Trustees of Virginia Tech and the Virginia Public Building Authority as its vice-chairman. Grey is a life-member of the NAACP, a former chairman of Youth Matters and a former president of the Greater Richmond Chamber of Commerce. He is a former president of the Richmond Crusade for Voters and of the Virginia State Bar Young Lawyers division. He has also been involved in other local Richmond community resources as a board member of the Richmond Ballet, the Lewis Ginter Botanical Gardens and Theatre IV.

LAWRENCE WILLIAMS

Lawrence Williams has worked with many private sector clients, community development corporations, local business owners and churches. He has served on several boards and commissions with the City of Richmond and has been involved in master planning projects for many years in Richmond and other cities.