Where ... can we park?

Warning: My column (dubbed the Rice Report by some Collegian staffers) this week will be full of quotes from Monty Python and the Holy Grail. "Look my liege!"

In light of last week's article from Page 1, "Students' cars removed after parking fines reach $1,000," I (/Jill Cavaliere) thought it would be a good idea to let everyone know where they are allowed to park at what time and under what circumstances. So, on Monday I drove around campus and also checked out the Parking Services Web site at http://witness.richmond.edu/parking/index.htm. "A newt?" "I got better."

Everyone is supposed to register his or her car, even short-time visitors, at parking services in the Special Programs Building.

"So be it!" Then they "must cut down the tallest tree in the forest with ... a herring!"

Those who register (and "bring us a shrubbery") are issued a sticker that has a letter followed by some numbers, except faculty and staff who do not have letters.

"Ni!"

Lots A, R, W, N, X and D are for people who have those stickers (e.g. D1234) only, no matter what time. See the description under the picture on the right to figure out where those lots are.

Then there are the commuter student lots.

There are four. Yes, four. Not three, not five and "six is just right out."

The C-lot most students know about and are likely to use is the C-lot next to the Intramural Fields. This is also the chapel parking lot and apparently the parking lot for boats, at least one boat. Commuter students, such as myself, are the only ones allowed to park in any C-lots between the hours of 7:30 a.m. and 3 p.m. Monday through Friday. The other three C-lots are next to the business school. C Pines-lot, as the one behind Ryland is referred to by university police, has faculty and staff spots, but the entire lot is only reserved between 7:30 a.m. and 3 p.m.

The parking spots in front of Gray Court and around North Court are pretty confusing. It actually takes three signs to fit all the information. Those spaces have 30-minute parking from 7 a.m. to 9 p.m. every day. Students can park there between 3:30 p.m. and 7:30 a.m. Monday through Friday, or any time Saturday and Sunday.

"Did you see him repressing me? You did, didn't you?"

D-hall lot is one of my favorite places to park because it is in the middle of everything, but, as a student, I am only allowed to park there from 5 p.m. to 7:30 a.m.

There are also student lots that are reserved for students from 7:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. such as the J- and L-lots.

And then there was the Special Programs Building lot. It is a faculty and staff lot, except for the three spots that are 30-minute from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m., the four visitor spots, three health center spots, two reserved spots and two handicap spots. "It is a silly place."

"You make me sad. So be it. Come, Patsy!"

We only have one more issue of The Collegian left, so send me your questions!

"Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time!"

Contact staff writer Stephanie Rice at stephanie.rice@richmond.edu