Police Report: 9/10/09

Larceny

Aug. 31, 11:40 a.m. A gray Trek mountain bike was stolen from the bike rack in front of Thomas Hall. The bike's value was estimated at $300.

Sept. 1, 7:44 p.m. A purple Schwinn mountain bike with orange fenders was stolen from the bike rack in front of the Modlin Center for the Arts. The bike's value was estimated at $177, but the owner recovered it on Sept. 3.

Sept. 2, 9:06 a.m. A blue six-speed bike and its lock and chain were stolen from the bus stop on Gateway Road. The bike's value was estimated at $75 and the lock and chain were estimated at $20.

Sept. 5, 12:12 a.m. A pair of Ray-Ban sunglasses was stolen from the game room in Whitehurst. The sunglasses' value was estimated at $100.

Sept. 5, 10:44 a.m. Two pink, yellow and white bed sheets and a "Spiders" shirt were stolen from the laundry room in Lora Robins Court. The bed sheets' value were estimated at $60 and the shirt's value was estimated at $25.

Burglary

Aug. 31, 8:20 p.m. An African mask was stolen from an apartment in the 1700 block of the University Forest Apartments. The mask's value was estimated at $75 and the damage to the drywall was estimated at $50. The mask was later recovered behind the apartment.

Simple Assault

Sept. 4, 12:18 a.m. A Richmond College student was referred to the dean for allegedly slapping a Westhampton College student in the face in Gray Court.

Possession of Marijuana

Sept. 4, 2:40 a.m. An RC student was arrested on a charge of possession of marijuana in Gray Court and transported to St. Mary's Hospital. The student has a court date set in Richmond General District Court and was referred to the dean.

Vandalism

Sept. 4, time unknown. The left front window of a rented student golf cart was broken outside of North Court. The damage was estimated at $100.

Sept. 7, 3:03 a.m. An RC student was referred to the dean for pulling 3 plastic exit signs out of the ceiling in South Court. The damage was estimated at $300.

Driving Under the Influence

Sept. 5, 11:13 p.m. An RC student was arrested on a charge of drunk driving in the 100 block of the apartments off of UR Drive. He was issued a summons to Henrico General District Court and referred to the dean.

Liquor Law Violation

Sept. 6, 12:25 a.m. An RC student was referred to the dean for public intoxication in the 900 block of the apartments. He was found near an unauthorized party in the 1000 block of the apartments.

Sept. 6, 3:03 a.m. A WC student was referred to the dean for underage drinking in Robins Hall.

Hit and Run

Sept. 6, 1:58 a.m. Three students in a golf cart collided with the rear passenger bumper of a parked 2001 Volvo and fled the scene on foot. The damage to the Volvo was estimated at $500.