Police Report: 2/11/10

Burglary

Feb. 4, 9:47 a.m. Cash in the amount of $150 was stolen from a Richmond College student in Gray Court.

Liquor Law Violation/ Illness

Feb. 2, 12:50 a.m. A Westhampton College student was transported to St. Mary's Hospital from the 1200 block of the University Forest Apartments for an alcohol-related illness. She was referred to the dean.

Feb. 4, 9:54 p.m. An RC student was transported to St. Mary's from Marsh Hall for an alcohol-relatedillness. He was referred to the dean for underage drinking.

Vandalism

Feb. 6, 9:43 a.m. An exit sign valued at $50 was torn from a ceiling in Marsh Hall.

Feb. 7, 1:06 a.m. A black plastic exit sign valued at $75 was torn from a ceiling in South Court.

Hit and Run

Feb. 7, 12:57 p.m. The front passenger-side panel of an RC student's BMW was hit in the 1100 block of the apartments. The damage was estimated at $900.

Larceny

Feb. 8, 6:34 a.m. A man not associated with the university was arrested for Petit Larceny of copper from the construction site by the Robins Center.

Feb. 9, 1:30 p.m. A staff member was arrested for grand larceny of the iPhone stolen from the Gottwald Science Center reported in the Feb. 4 Police Report.

Campus Watch

The University Police Department has started a campus-wide program similar to a neighborhood watch, in which the university community can help keep campus safe and secure by working directly with University Police. Please call 804-289-8715 if you have information regarding a crime or suspicious situation. Calls can be anonymous. You can also make a report on an anonymous tip Web site. All information will be confidential.