• One of the coaches in college basketball's biggest rivalry just channeled Benedict Arnold down along Tobacco Road. University of North Carolina coach Roy Williams said he thought Duke University could win the NCAA tournament, a comment that many Tar Heel faithful consider treason. Watch out for torches and pitchforks, Roy, especially after this season's dismal record and NIT appearance.
• Tiger Woods recently commented that he believed fans wouldn't heckle him at the Masters. Tiger, we read your Sexts. Who are you trying to kid? We know you like it rough.
• 6-foot-8-inch Baylor University freshman Brittney Griner broke the single-season record and NCAA women's tournament record for blocked shots Monday night versus Duke. She currently has 35 blocks in four games. However, Griner is still primarily known for her 21-point and one-punch performance against Texas Tech University earlier this season.
• Pittsburgh wide receiver Santonio Holmes faces allegations that he harmed a woman at an Orlando nightclub. This comes just weeks after quarterback Ben Roethlisberger's legal troubles. Everyone knew the Steelers would be focusing on their defense this off-season. Too bad it was their legal one.
• David Beckham's Achilles injury has officially sidelined him for the 2010 World Cup. Oh well, guys, good luck convincing your girlfriends to watch now.
Support independent student media
You can make a tax-deductible donation by clicking the button below, which takes you to our secure PayPal account. The page is set up to receive contributions in whatever amount you designate. We look forward to using the money we raise to further our mission of providing honest and accurate information to students, faculty, staff, alumni and others in the general public.Donate Now