Free downtown bus service comes to campus

University of Richmond students can now board a free bus at the Tyler Haynes Commons underpass to travel to and from downtown Richmond on Friday and Saturday nights from 6 p.m. to 3 a.m., according to a message from Hossein Sadid, vice president for business and finance.

The university is partnering with To the Bottom and Back (2BNB), a free, nonprofit transportation company that operates buses on a continuous loop throughout the Fan district, Carytown, Shockoe Slip and Shockoe Bottom.

As of Friday, Oct. 15, the University of Richmond was added to the route.

All 2BNB buses have live GPS tracking devices, accessible from computers and smartphones.

To track a bus' location in real time, visit www.2bnb.org/bus-tracking.

A complete 2BNB schedule for the year can be found at http://activities.richmond.edu/transportation/To-The-Bottom-and-Back.html.

The partnership with 2BNB is the first of many new transportation initiatives implemented by the university's transportation committee to expand mobility for faculty, staff and students, Sadid wrote.

Contact staff writer Anna Kuta at anna.kuta@richmond.edu