Police Report: 8/30/2012

Hit and Run

May 3rd, 8:45 a.m.- It was reported that on May 2nd, between 2 p.m. and 5 p.m., an unknown vehicle hit a UR employee's vehicle in lot R17, damaging the passenger side door and rear panel of the car. The damage was estimated at $500.

May 22nd, 10:53 a.m.- A UR employee's silver Infiniti was hit by an unknown vehicle in the W30 lot. Damage to the rear bumper was estimated at $400.

July 10th, 1 p.m.- It was reported that between noon and 1:30 p.m. the previous day, a car belonging to a law student parked in lot B2 was hit by an unknown vehicle. The side rear door was damaged, at a cost estimated at $100.

August 23rd, 6:54 p.m.- A Toyota belonging to a campus visitor was hit in lot R22. The car's left front end and bumper were damaged, with an estimated cost of $1,000.

Theft/Burglary

May 1st, 3:58 a.m.- Three phone headsets and cords were stolen from the hallways of Gray Court.

May 3rd, 4:55 p.m.- It was reported that some time between April 28th and May 3rd, the license plate was stolen from a Westhampton College student's Nissan. The damage was estimated at $20.

May 14th, 4:59 p.m.- It was reported that some time between April 28th and May 7th, a Richmond College student's laptop valued at $1,250 was stolen from Atlantic House.

May 21st, 4:36 p.m.- It was reported that between May 7th and May 21st, an RC student's Blue Huffy Bicycle, valued at $99, was stolen from The Forum.

May 25th, 12:23 a.m.- It was reported that on May 18th, some time between 1:30 p.m. and 2:40 p.m., a purse was stolen from Gottwald Science Center. The purse, which was valued at $20, contained a wallet valued at $15, a cell phone valued at $50, an iPad worth $160, keys worth $20, and a workbook worth $20.

June 23rd, 5:30 p.m.- Headphones estimated at $400 were stolen from a person not affiliated with the university in Marsh Hall. The investigation is pending.

July 9th, 1:17 p.m.- It was reported that on July 6th, some time between noon and 1:30 p.m., $5 was taken from a UR staff person's car which had been parked in lot R10.

July 13th, 10:04 a.m.- A backpack valued at $60 was stolen from a WC student. The backpack had been left on the lake path.

July 17th, 4:05 p.m.- A backpack was stolen from an RC student in the dining hall. The backpack was valued at $50, and its contents included a $5 checkbook, $5 worth of keys, a $25 raincoat, and a $20 book. The investigation is pending.

August 2nd, 11:58 a.m.- $17 worth of food items, a $30 drink dispenser, $5 worth of Ziploc baggies and salt and pepper shakers, and a $15 table runner were taken from the business school building.

August 10th, 12:22 p.m.- A PC and monitor valued at $1,000 were stolen from the law school. The investigation is pending.

August 22nd, 9:03 a.m.- Five microscopes with a gross value of $14,500 were reported stolen from Gottwald Science Center. The microscopes were taken some time after May 1st.

August 25th 2:06 p.m.- A luggage case was stolen from an RC student in South Court. The cost of the luggage was estimated at $800. The investigation is pending.

August 26th, 1:13 p.m.- An RC student's bicycle, valued at $250, was reported stolen from the dining hall. The investigation is pending.

Damage/Destruction of

Property/Vandalism

June 7th, 7:40 p.m.- It was reported that on June 5th, some time between 6 a.m. and 8 a.m., an unknown vehicle hit the driver's side panel of a Honda in X Lot. The damage was valued at $1,000.

June 8th, 10:07 a.m.- Handrails in the 1300 block of the University Forest Apartments were reported broken. The damage was valued at $300.

June 22nd, 4:07 p.m.- The card reader and a button of a Coke machine in Marsh Hall were damaged, with the cost estimated at $50.

July 19th, 2:24 p.m.- A WC student's Porsche was reported as having received $500 worth of damage to the vehicle's window and bumper.

August 11th, 7:27 p.m.- Damages to gates in front of the Robins Stadium were reported to the police department. The center gates in front of the concession area had been bent when they were hit by an athletic cart; the staff person who had driven the cart resolved the charges with the university.

August 26th, 2:25 a.m.- A door to Freeman Hall broke as a result of students repeatedly trying to pull it open after its lock mechanism stopped working. The cost of fixing the door is estimated at $100.

Liquor Law Violations

August 26th, 1:08 a.m.- A WC student was referred to the dean for a liquor law violation in the Commons.

August 27th, 12:06 a.m.- Two RC students were found passed out in a Marsh Hall bathroom and were referred to the dean for liquor law violation.

Grand Theft "Gator"

June 25th, 9:37 a.m.- It was reported to the police department that some time between June 23rd and 25th, a John Deere Gator, used for athletic training, had been taken from the Robins Center. The Gator was later found in a different location and returned to the Robins Center.

Miscellaneous

May 23rd, 9:23 a.m.- An RC student was charged with urinating on a carpet in Dennis Hall at 2:11 a.m that morning.

August 26th, 1 p.m.- A breaking and entering was reported in University Forest Apartment 1705. An unknown person broke into the Westhampton College students' apartment, defecated on one of the chairs, and left. The mess was cleaned and there were no monetary damages.

July 30th, 10:30 a.m.- A non-student wrote a bad check at the bookstore for $723.25. An extra $30 was added as a bounced check fee. \0x2003Charges are currently pending.