More than 200 students attend WCGA's annual Bellis Fest

Bellis Fest, Westhampton College Government Association's annual spring festival, gathered more than 200 students Friday afternoon in the University of Richmond Forum.

\0x200B

Junior Sara Krauss, chairwoman of WCGA's External Affairs committee, said she had been concerned about the weather all week and was happy with the how the day had turned out.

\0x200B"The sun is out," Krauss said. "Everyone seems to be loving the WCGA sunglasses and it was a great choice to move the event to the Forum this year."

\0x200BStudents began stopping at tables and participating in activities as soon as the Forum was set up at 4 p.m. More than 21 organizations took part in the event.

\0x200B

Richmond College students also participated in Bellis Fest. Both the Panhellenic Council and Interfraternity Council were there to support the event.

\0x200B

Bellis Fest is held annually the Friday before Pig Roast to encourage the campus community to come together.

\0x200B"In the past, it was on the Westhampton Green," said senior Anelisa Secamiglio. "I think it stifled participation. The entire campus community is involved now that it is on the Forum."

\0x200BOther activities at Bellis Fest included a mechanical bull, cookie decorating, tie-dying and face painting. "The weather was beautiful, and there was a great turn-out this year," Krauss said.

Contact staff reporter Molly McGrath at molly.mcgrath@richmond.edu