Live blog: Richmond vs VCU

.1 -- Graham's shot is blocked by Terry Allen, who runs the clock down to as low as it gets and then is fouled. 

11.7 -- Jones fouls Graham, who makes one and misses one. But a jump ball is called and the possession arrow points VCU's way. Rams down 2. 

15.8 -- Jones is fouled immediately and makes both free throws. He is growing up fast. VCU will inbound after timeout down 3. 

:17 -- Anthony is called for the foul on Graham after an ill-advised pass led to a VCU steal. Graham has chance to narrow lead to one and does. Richmond will inbound up one. 

:34 -- Anthony misses a floater, and Graham gets fouled on the other end. He misses the first, but makes the second. VCU down 3. 

:53 -- Under a minute and the Spiders have the ball after Jones steals it under the basket. He gets trapped with 13 seconds on the shot-clock and calls a timeout. 

1:28 -- Anthony draws what appears to be about five fouls, and the last one is actually called. He goes to the line and makes one to push the lead to 4. 

1:52 -- Graham is called for a charge and UR gets the ball back up 3 with under 2 minutes to play. 

3:54 -- Allen makes a post move and scores, then a UR steal leads to a jumpshot from Anthony. The Spiders lead by 3. 

4:12 -- Cline misses a 3-pointer, then Alie-Cox goes to the line for two foul shots. He makes one, giving the Rams a one-point lead.

We're headed to double overtime after Cline sneaks behind a VCU defender and makes a layup as time expires. 

4.1 -- Johnson makes both, then Jones gets fouled. He makes his first and misses second, but Spiders get the ball back. 

:07 -- What a game. Alie-Cox dunked a put-back that appeared to be basket interference. Richmond gets a steal but can't score. Johnson at the line for two. 

2:10 -- Graham drives and forces a shot to go in, narrowing the lead to one. 

2:48 -- VCU travels, drawing huge cheers from the fans. Richmond leads by three with 2:30 left. 

4:02 -- Jones came to put on a show tonight. He opens overtime with a 3-pointer, his sixth of the game. 

End of regulation: Graham hits a wild 3-point shot to tie, and Jones' last-second attempt to win bounces all over the rim but does not fall. We are headed to overtime. 

6.8 -- VCU goes up for a layup but it is blocked from behind and goes out of bounds. 

:13.5 -- The Spiders force an airball that goes out of bounds. Anthony then catches the inbound and will shoot two FT after being fouled. He misses the first, and the second. Rams still down just three. 

:27 -- VCU gets a steal on the inbound and calls a timeout. Rams' ball with just 27 seconds left. 

:32 -- Jones makes just one, and Melvin Johnson responds for VCU with a wide-open 3-pointer from the corner. The lead is just three for the Spiders. 

:46 -- Graham makes two free throws to narrow the lead to five. The Spiders are hoping its too late for the Rams to come back, and Jones will go to the foul line for a 1-and-1. 

1:22 -- VCU makes one free throw, and Richmond calls timeout to gather itself. Spiders up 51-44. 

2:04 -- The Spiders nearly commit another shot-clock violation, but Davis gets a floater off milliseconds before the clock expires and makes it. Richmond is doing what it can to cling to its eight-point lead. 

2:51 -- After a huge offensive rebound, Anthony slips and turns it over. Smart calls a timeout because he knows his Rams must capitalize on a scoring opportunity, down six with under three minutes left. 

3:50 -- With an eight-point lead, Anthony drives but comes up short on a layup attempt. The crowd is chanting defense, but to no avail as Jarred Guest scores a layup for the Rams to make the score 49-43. 

5:28 -- Allen comes up with a steal and takes it to the rim for an easy two in transition. Graham tries to respond but is fouled and will shoot two free throws. 

6:23 -- VCU fouls Allen, sending him to the foul line. He will try to improve on Richmond's 43 percent FT shooting so far. 

7:00 -- VCU is playing better defense and Graham is playing better offense. He scores with a powerful drive for a layup, then Brooks blocks Jones' jumper with just one second left on the shot-clock. Richmond in a tough situation preparing to inbound the ball. 

8:10 -- VCU is making a comeback thanks to lousy Richmond free-throw shooting and bad defense. The lead was down to six, but Jones made a 3-pointer--his fifth of the game--to push the lead back to nine points. 

9:23 -- Anthony gets fouled and uncharacteristically misses two free throws in a row. Allen then turns it over on the next possession, leading to two made free throws by VCU's Doug Brooks. The Richmond lead that was once 16 is down to seven. 

10:09 -- VCU continues to crush the Spiders on the offensive glass, as the team now has 10 to Richmond's two. The lead is down to nine. 

11:41 -- Anthony changes that, scoring on a layup that is interfered with for a goaltending call. Allen then grabs a tough rebound, and a foul on VCU draws cheers from the crowd. Spiders lead by 12. 

12:50 -- Richmond hasn't scored in nearly five minutes and has now committed 10 total turnovers. 

14:37 -- The last two minutes have been laden with fouls. The latest was a charge against Anthony that the crowd disapproved of. Richmond leads by just 10. 

16:48 -- Smart's likely message to Treveon Graham during the timeout: "Be more aggressive." Graham scores in the post and draws a foul, narrowing the lead to 13. 

17:35 -- The Rams completely forgot about Jones, who Anthony finds wide-open in the corner for a 3-pointer. Jones then makes a steal on the next possession that Allen turns into two more points with a floater. Richmond leads 40-24 and the Robins Center is turning down for nothing. 

18:17 -- It seems that every time VCU steals some momentum, the Spiders respond. Allen manages to bounce a layup in despite being fouled and makes the foul shot to widen the lead to 35-24. 

19:13 -- VCU's JeQuan Lewis scores the first two points of the half with an easy layup, but Anthony answers with a 3-pointer from the corner. Richmond leads 32-22. 

Richmond leads VCU 29-20 at halftime thanks to five 3-pointers, active defense and tough rebounding. The Spiders will have to stop VCU from grabbing offensive rebounds though, as the Rams have seven and the Spiders have just one. Smart will undoubtedly adjust his game plan for the second half, so the Spiders will have to continue to shoot well and play tough defense to cling to the lead. 

4.7 -- VCU gets another offensive rebound and holds the ball until the last second, but Richmond's defense gets some help from the crowd and forces a shot-clock violation. Anthony falls over and doesn't get a shot off, ending the half with Richmond leading 29-20. 

1:09 -- VCU is killing the Spiders with offensive rebounds, leading the category 6-1. The Rams have narrowed the lead to nine and are playing better defense against Richmond's active offense. 

4:02 -- VCU has made two short shots from the left wing, but Cline and the Richmond offense continue to respond. Richmond leads 29-18. 

5:03 -- Kendall Anthony grabs a tipped ball, flies down the court and pulls up for a long 2-pointer. Efficient shooting coupled with tough rebounding have carried the Spiders, who lead 27-14. 

7:27 -- VCU coach Shaka Smart is frustrated, but continues to be encouraging toward his players as he usually is. It must be hard for him not to be frustrated with the way Richmond is playing right now. 

8:31 -- Everything is going the Spiders' way. Alie-Cox has a dunk blocked, and Jones pulls up and makes a contested 3-pointer. That's now five 3-pointers already for Richmond, who leads 25-12. 

10:12 -- VCU makes one of two, then Jones makes a wide-open 3-pointer. His shot is following by two outstanding defensive possessions by Richmond, leading two four more points on easy layups by Cline and Allen. Spiders lead 22-10 and are shooting 64 percent, compared with VCU's 27 percent. 

10:57 -- Trey Davis crosses over a VCU defender and floats in a nice shot. Spiders lead 15-9, and the Rams have two foul shots coming up. 

12:28 -- Richmond has committed turnovers on three straight possessions, allowing the Rams to narrow the lead to just four points. 

14:53 -- VCU tries to trap Richmond out of the timeout, but Anthony capitalizes with an open 3-pointer to widen the lead to 13-5. 

15:10 -- Fewer than five minutes in, the story is already Richmond's defense. VCU has shot an air ball and turned the ball over multiple times. The Spiders look in control right now. 

16:53 -- ShawnDre' Jones makes a 3-pointer, but VCU responds with one of its own. A few possessions later, Terry Allen makes a spin move in the post that leads to another two points and a 10-5 lead. 

18:03 -- After Moe Alie-Cox gets a short floater to bounce in, Cline does the same. On the following possession, VCU shoots and misses everything. Richmond leads 5-2. 

19:40 -- TJ Cline opens the game with a 3-pointer from about 26 feet to ignite the Robins Center. Spiders lead 3-0. 

The lights are out for Richmond's starting lineup introductions. The Robins Center has to be as loud as its been all year, and that's to be expected. Stay tuned for updates during what promises to be a fantastic game!

Things are getting pretty serious here in the Robins Center. Dallas Cowboys tight end Jason Witten is here for the game, and we're only about five minutes from tip-off. The pregame video is playing and the fans are ready for the game. 

Hello everyone, I'm Charlie Broaddus and I'm here in the Robins Center impatiently awaiting the second edition of the 2015 Black and Blue Classic. The Spiders are wowing the few fans already in attendance with alley-oop dunks. Even 5-foot-8-inch Kendall Anthony is getting in on the action. On a serious note, the fans here are in for a treat tonight, as they usually are when the Spiders and Rams play. Expect a hardly-fought matchup, and expect Anthony to play one of his best games of the season, because he usually does in the most important games. 

We are about 30 minutes from tip-off. Stay tuned for updates and analysis throughout the game.