In The Know: Boatwright eliminates fines, WCGA hosts color wars and more

In The Know is a weekly brief that highlights events and happenings around University of Richmond

WCGA launches color wars

Color wars will be held at the River Roads Fields at 4 p.m. on Friday, Aug. 28. Westhampton College Government Association is sponsoring the event that will have the sophomore and senior class battling against the freshman and junior class throwing powdered paint at each other. WCGA is hoping to turn this event into a welcome week tradition.

Boatwright eliminates fines

Boatwright Library launched a “no fines” policy for students, staff and faculty. Borrowers are still encouraged to return or renew items in a timely manner, and borrowers will still be charged for lost or unreturned items.

CCE to host service fair

Interested in finding the right organization or place to volunteer? On Sept. 2 from 3-5p.m., the Bonner Center for Civic Engagement (CCE) will host its annual ENRICHmond, where students can survey an array of service organizations and programs. In 2013-2014, The CCE offered 85 community-based learning programs.

Clubs and organizations gear up for Spiderfest

Many of Richmond’s 100 clubs and activities, ranging from club sports to a capella groups, will participate in SpiderFest in the Forum Thursday, September 3. Spiderfest is an annual kickoff event for both new and returning students eager find ways to get involved at Richmond. The Collegian will participate at SpiderFest, so make sure to stop by our table and say hi.

Yoga in the Forum

Sunday stretch yoga classes will be held on the Forum on Sunday, Aug. 30, from 2-3 p.m. and also 3-4 p.m. This event is sponsored by the Recreation and Wellness. The alternate location will be the Tyler Haynes Commons in the Alice Haynes Room.

Contact Helaine Ridilla at helaine.ridilla@richmond.edu