A guide to the holiday season in Richmond

<p>Dominion GardenFest of Lights |&nbsp;Credit:&nbsp;<a href="http://tourfrog.com/richmond-va-sightseeing-guide/top-festivals-in-richmond-va/" target="_blank">link</a></p>

Dominion GardenFest of Lights | Credit: link

It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas in RVA! It may not be as white as it could be, but there are a bunch of Christmas attractions that make up for the lack of snow. Here is a guide to the holiday season in Richmond:

1. Dominion Garden Festival of Lights (photo above)

When: Now - January 11 (closed Christmas Eve and Christmas Day)

Where: Lewis Ginter Botanical Garden

Price: $12 for adults

This year’s theme is H2Whoa!—More and half-a-million twinkling lights, hand-crafted botanical decorations, model trains, holiday dinners, fire pit with s’mores and hot chocolate, and more!

2. 29th Annual Court End Christmas

(Credit)

Ten historic downtown sites host a free holiday open house with guided tours, carriage rides, music and special guest appearances. Sites include: the Valentine, 1812 John Wickham house, the John Marshall House, the Virginia State Capitol, Virginia’s Executive Mansion, St. Paul’s Episcopal Church, the Museum and White House of the Confederacy, Monumental Church, the Egyptian Building, the Beers House and St. Johns Church

When: Dec. 13 12:00-5:00 p.m.

Price: Free

3. Holiday Glitter Tours: Monument Avenue Walking Tour

(Credit)

The walking tour begins at the Lee Monument and continues past decorated historic homes! Reservations are equired.

When: Dec. 23, Dec. 26, Dec. 27 6:00-7:30 pm

Price: $15 adults, reservations are required

4. 9th Annual Grand Local Artists’ Holiday Show and Sale

(Credit)

Features works of more than 20 local artists in a variety of mediums. Great place to find unique Holiday gifts!

When: Nov. 1-Dec. 27th

Where: The Montepelier Center for Arts and Education