Update: University of Richmond cancels all classes and events Monday

<p>Ryland Hall during the snow&nbsp;storm on Jan. 21.&nbsp;</p>

Ryland Hall during the snow storm on Jan. 21. 

Update 7:08 a.m. Monday: All classes and events scheduled at the University of Richmond are canceled for Monday, Feb. 15, according to an email from University Communications.

Due to poor road conditions, the Boatwright Drive entrance to campus is also closed. Those going to campus may enter campus through the River Road, Westhampton or Towana entrances.

Original Story: University of Richmond will delay opening until 10:30 a.m. on Monday because of an impending snowstorm, according to a mass email from University Communications. All classes and events scheduled before 10:30 a.m. are canceled.

Two to four inches of snow are expected to hit the Richmond area overnight, the Richmond Times-Dispatch reported. National Weather Service forecaster Larry Brown said the storm would be "kind of messy."

The Virginia Department of Transportation issued a statement earlier today warning drivers to "be cautious as the weather approaches and avoid unnecessary travel during the storm."

Virginia Commonwealth University is closed on Monday, according to the university's website.

University of Richmond will send an update on the university's status at 7:30 a.m. Monday, according to the email.

Contact Charlie Broaddus at charlie.broaddus@richmond.edu