Police report: April 5-April 13

Theft

Two car thefts occurred in D-lot sometime between April 6 and April 7. The windows of both cars were smashed, causing $300 in damages to one of the vehicles. The thief, between 10 p.m. and 6:09 p.m, stole a Canon camera from one of the cars and, between 8 p.m. and 6:29 p.m, stole a wallet from the other. 

Several attempts to use credit cards from the stolen wallet have been reported, and campus police are working with vendors to find information about the suspect. A timely warning email was sent to students about the thefts, and the case is still under investigation.

Destruction/Damage/Vandalism of Property

A backboard from a basketball court in the Robins Center was reported as being broken on April 8. The case is closed.

Someone damaged cardboard artworks and several art supplies, including drawing models and paint brushes, in one of the art labs in Modlin sometime between April 8 and April 11. The case is still open.

Not all police reports are published, and available information can be found at URPD’s police log. All information used in this report came from either the URPD police log or via direct contact with URPD.

Contact news writer Kay Dervishi at kay.dervishi@richmond.edu