Monday, March 18, 2024

Spider Sports Recap: Week of Oct. 22

<p>The women's cross country team celebrates their Atlantic-10 Conference championship. <em>Photo courtesy of @spiderathletics Instagram.</em></p>

The women's cross country team celebrates their Atlantic-10 Conference championship. Photo courtesy of @spiderathletics Instagram.

Women’s Cross Country

Oct. 27: First Place, Atlantic 10 Championships, Mechanicsville, Virginia

The Spiders won their sixth championship in program history. In the 5K, redshirt senior Amanda Corbosiero and senior Colleen Carney finished fourth and fifth respectively, leading the Spiders. 

Men’s Cross Country

Oct. 27: Eighth Place, Atlantic 10 Championships, Mechanicsville, Virginia

Junior Miles Clikeman led Richmond in the men’s five-mile with an 11th-place finish, earning him all-A-10 honors.

Field Hockey 

Oct. 26: Win 3-2 at Saint Francis University

First-year Addie Nash scored two goals in the last seven minutes to propel the Spiders past Saint Francis.

Men’s Golf

Oct. 27-28: Eighth Place, Steelwood Collegiate 

The Spiders scored 887 (+23) as a team in their final tournament of the fall. Senior Ben Wanichek led Richmond with a score of 215 (-1), finishing sixth overall. 

Men’s Basketball

Oct. 27: Win 83-37 vs. Hampden-Sydney College, Exhibition Game

The Spiders opened preseason play with a win over the Division III Hampden-Sydney. Redshirt sophomore Grant Golden scored 12 points with eight rebounds.

Contacts sports editor Andrew Wilson at andrew.wilson@richmond.edu