Alpha Kappa Psi chapter suspended, under investigation for hazing allegations

The University of Richmond’s chapter of the business fraternity Alpha Kappa Psi -- the Delta Zeta chapter -- has stopped operations due to a report of actions contrary to UR’s conduct and hazing policies.

On Monday, Feb. 3, Alison Keller, director for the Center for Student Involvement, received “a copy of an anonymous submission that defined events and decisions that are incongruent with the University of Richmond Standards of Student Conduct and Hazing Policies,” Keller wrote in an email statement.  

A letter to cease all operations was then sent to the chapter leaders.

“Upon receipt of the email and review of the information with the appropriate faculty and staff members,” Keller wrote, “a letter to immediately cease all operations was sent to the chapter President and chapter advisor.

“The actions to Cease Operations is a standard practice by the University of Richmond to be able to appropriately investigate all allegations and materials, and determine the proper judicial processes.  

“All investigations are confidential, but upon determining outcomes, further information will be shared.” 

UR’s AKPsi chapter president, who requested not to be named, declined to comment for this article.

Bill Bergman, marketing professor and chapter faculty adviser, declined to comment for this article. 

Contact managing editor Arrman Kyaw at arrman.kyaw@richmond.edu.