Kappa Kappa Gamma suspended, under investigation for allegations of violating conduct rules and COVID-19 protocol

<p>The&nbsp;cottages are non-residential meeting areas for sororities on campus.</p>

The cottages are non-residential meeting areas for sororities on campus.

On March 19, the University of Richmond temporarily suspended all operations of the Zeta Omicron chapter of Kappa Kappa Gamma pending the outcome of an investigation regarding reports of violations of UR's Healthy Web Community Compact and the Standards of Student Conduct, associate director of Greek life Meg Pevarski wrote in an email to The Collegian on March 25. 

"It is standard practice of the University of Richmond to place organizations on temporary suspension, also known as 'cease operations' status, to allow for a thorough investigation," Pevarski wrote. "The timeframe for completing the investigation is unknown, the University, along with the national organization, will conduct a prompt and thorough investigation." 

The reports regarding the Healthy Web Compact and student conduct are viewed as serious and addressed swiftly, she wrote. 

The Zeta Omicron chapter was previously put under temporary suspension on Jan. 30, 2020, for allegations of violating the Standards of Student Conduct and UR’s Hazing Policy. 

Junior and Kappa president Mackenize Brabham declined The Collegian's request for comment.

Kappa Kappa Gamma nationals did not respond to The Collegian's request for comment. 

Contact managing editor Meredith Moran at meredith.moran@richmond.edu.