Boutique of the Week: Annie Creamcheese

3279 M Street NW

Washington, D.C. 20007

No, Annie Creamcheese isn't a bagel shop. If it were, it would definitely be a gourmet one. Actually, it is a vintage boutique in Georgetown, Washington, D.C., and a very good one at that.

If you're planning on making a trip to D.C., Annie Creamcheese is worth the stop. And, if you make it there in time for Halloween you'll have plenty of decade-inspired costumes to choose from.

Annie Lee and her fiance, Garrett Bauman, the owners, named the boutique after a couture store in Las Vegas called Suzy Creamcheese, where Bauman's mother shopped religiously during the '70s. Bauman has memories of playing on the floor of the store while his mother shopped and wanted to re-create the energy and style of the boutique.

Lee is looking to bring a West Coast flavor to D.C. with Annie Creamcheese, which is inspired by the lavish dresses Bauman's mother bought at Suzy's, she said.

The well-organized vintage boutique is split between designer fashions, including Missioni and YSL,on the left, and used contemporary clothes on the right. This isn't a vintage store that forces you to dig through heaps of unorganized clothing -- most items even have the decade they came from on the tag. Also, at Annie Creamcheese you can be sure there won't be rips or stains and the super-friendly staff is always willing to help you out. And, if a garment doesn't fit properly, there is an in-store seamstress. Don't miss Annie's fun (and sometimes funny) sunglasses and jewelry.