Mia Genoni announced as new Westhampton College dean

<p>Westhampton Center&nbsp;houses the Westhampton College Dean's Office where associate&nbsp;Dean Kerry&nbsp;Fankhauser works as Deputy&nbsp;Title IX Coordinator.</p>

Westhampton Center houses the Westhampton College Dean's Office where associate Dean Kerry Fankhauser works as Deputy Title IX Coordinator.

Beginning July 1, Dr. Mia Reinoso Genoni will serve as the Dean of Westhampton College and Associate Dean of the School of Arts and Sciences, according to an email announcement sent Friday evening.

Genoni is currently the John B. Madden Dean of Berkeley College, Director of Undergraduate Housing and a lecturer in History of Art and Humanities at Yale University.

This will not be the first time Genoni has served at the University of Richmond. She began her career teaching in the department of art and art history from 2005 to 2007, according to the email sent by the vice president for student development, Steve Bisese.

As dean of Berkeley College at Yale, Genoni has been the primary academic and student life advisor for over 460 students annually, working closely with students, faculty and colleagues across the campus.

Genoni received her Master of Arts and Doctor of Philosophy from New York University. She received her Bachelor of Arts from Harvard University, with a joint concentration in Fine Arts and English and American Literature and Language.

In 2007, Genoni was named Alpha Chi Omega Professor of the Semester at Richmond, according to the email.

Former Westhamton College dean Juliette Landphair left Richmond in August 2015 to become the vice president for student affairs at the University of Mary Washington. Kerry Fankhauser, former associate dean and deputy Title IX coordinator, has served as interim dean since then.

In October 2015, a committee was launched to search for a new WC dean. The committee hosted three finalists for the position on campus this spring. Kala Bullett, J.D., and Dr. Kimberly Smith were the two candidates in addition to Genoni considered for the position.

Contact reporter Ashlee Korlach at ashlee.korlach@richmond.edu