Westhampton College has announced that a new assistant dean will be joining their staff on Aug. 1.

In an email sent to students in early July, Mia Reinoso Genoni, dean of Westhampton College, announced that Dr. Donique McIntosh was chosen for the position after a semester-long search.

McIntosh comes to the University of Richmond after previously serving as the Director of Equity and Inclusion at YWCA Evanston/North Shore.

McIntosh will be replacing associate dean Charm Bullard, who stepped down late last summer, Genoni said in a separate email interview with The Collegian.

The search for Bullard’s replacement began during this past spring semester, Genoni said.

McIntosh previously served as an area coordinator for Smith College in Northampton, MA, as well as holding a position at the University of Pennsylvania’s Greenfield Intercultural Center and LGBT Center.

“[McIntosh] has significant experience supporting students, developing and nurturing leaders and advocating for social justice,” Genoni said.

McIntosh will be joining Genoni and associate dean of Westhampton College Kerry Fankhauser when she begins her position in August, in addition to working closely with the Richmond College staff.

“I am looking forward to working with Dr. McIntosh,” Joe Boehman, dean of Richmond College, said in an email. “My impression of her is that she will be very approachable to students and a good colleague to work with.”

Contact news editor Jocelyn Grzeszczak at jocelyn.grzeszczak@richmond.edu.

Please note All comments are eligible for publication in The Collegian.