Boutique of the Week: Bangles and Beads

Bangles and Beads

3322 West Cary St.

Richmond, Va. 23226

Bangles and Beads is a jewelry-supply store stocked with enough beads to keep someone busy crafting a long time. The beads are organized by color and type on necklace-length strands. The beads come from all over the world and include turquoise from China and tribal beads from Africa. The store also has a selection of sterling silver pieces, handbags, scarves and more.

If making jewelry isn't your thing, someone on staff will bead a necklace or bracelet for a small price, which varies slightly depending on what you want, but starts at $4. There are a lot of ready-made pieces.

Bangles and Beads opened 21 years ago and has been in its current Cary Town location for 18 years, Store Manager Jessica Conrad said. The business is run by a mother and daughter team. The entire staff is friendly and always willing to help with jewelry dilemmas.

Also, if you want to learn how to make your own jewelry, a class is offered on Sundays 12:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. for $30, a price that includes materials for the four pieces you make in the class. You will learn how to make earrings, bracelets and necklaces. Bangles and Beads also offers classes if you want to go beyond the Sunday class.