YOUR FOUR-YEAR COLLEGE PLAN
Year One: Adjust to College Life
* Learn all you can about UR and the Richmond community
* Make connections with faculty, staff and fellow students and get involved on campus
* Take a variety of classes and keep an open mind about your major
* Meet with a CDC adviser to explore your interests
Year Two: Pick a Major
* Use CDC self-assessment tools to learn about your interests, abilities and values
* Prepare a resume to begin the search for a summer job, internship or learning experience
Year Three: Translate Experiences into Career Goals
* Choose three to five interests and relate them to career goals
* Make connections with professionals in fields that interest you and gain experience through jobs, internships or learning experiences
Enjoy what you're reading?
Signup for our newsletter
* Explore graduate or professional school options; take entrance exams
* Utilize CDC resources on resumes, interviewing and graduate school preparation
Year Four: Implement your Goals
* Organize a self-directed job search plan
* Refine your resume and do a mock interview in the CDC
* Finish graduate or professional school applications, if you have chosen to go
Sept. 24: UR Career Fair, explore industries and career paths.
Sept. 29: On-campus interview program begins.
Read this new column from the CDC every week to find tips that will help
you prepare for your future.
Support independent student media
You can make a tax-deductible donation by clicking the button below, which takes you to our secure PayPal account. The page is set up to receive contributions in whatever amount you designate. We look forward to using the money we raise to further our mission of providing honest and accurate information to students, faculty, staff, alumni and others in the general public.Donate Now