1. Watch the University of Richmond football team play JMU on Saturday at the UR stadium! The kickoff is scheduled for 3:30 p.m.
2. Go to the Richmond Folk Festival on Oct. 10 to 12. There will be music, craft markets and ethnic food downtown along the Riverfront (www.richmondfolkfestival.org).
3. Carve a pumpkin.
4. Splurge on a room in Richmond's historic Jefferson Hotel
5.Go see "Get Smart" or "Hancock" at the Byrd Theater for $2
6. Visit Colonial Williamsburg (www.history.org).
7. Visit the wineries along the Bedford Wine Trail in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains.
8. Go to Charlottesville and visit Monticello, Thomas Jefferson's home.
9. Stroll through the Italian and Japanese gardens at Maymont.
10. Drive west to the Shenandoah Valley and go on a tour of the Luray Caverns (www.luraycaverns.com).
Enjoy what you're reading?
Signup for our newsletter
12. Go fishing in the James River.
13. Be spooked at Busch Gardens' Howl-O-Scream in Williamsburg
14. Go to Virginia Beach for the day. It's a 1.5 hour drive.
15. Go camping 13 miles away in Pocahontas State Park
Contact staff writer Emily Viviani at email@example.com
Support independent student media
You can make a tax-deductible donation by clicking the button below, which takes you to our secure PayPal account. The page is set up to receive contributions in whatever amount you designate. We look forward to using the money we raise to further our mission of providing honest and accurate information to students, faculty, staff, alumni and others in the general public.Donate Now