Let's talk about sex, baby: Sober Sex

Dear Sally,

My friends and I realized that we have not had sober sex our whole college career thus far. We love

to drink and as a result, all our hook-ups have been under the influence. We decided to try out the elusive "sober hook-up" but are terrified and have no idea where to start. Please give me some tips to learn how!

- Sober and Scared

Dear Scared,

This dilemma calls for a three-step plan:

Step 1: Put down that warm Natty. Now use all of your willpower and walk away from it.

Step 2: Whip out your phone and invite that chick/dude to a sober activity (movie night, dinner, coffee date, whatev).

Step 3: Repeat Step 2 until you've built the foundation for a stable, sober hook-up.

The fact is, sober hook-ups always take you into the realm of legitimacy. You can't pull a "I was soooo sober, I don't even remember her/his name," or the classic blank stare during weekday run-ins. But hey, a little legitimacy might do us all some good. So go make those sober hook-ups not-so-elusive, and enjoy actually being able to remember the details of it.

Love,

Sally

Inept at getting action or unsure about STDs? E-mail Sally anonymously at sallysexpert@gmail.com.