Two-Minute Drill: 10/8/09

• Newly acquired New York Jets wide receiver Braylon Edwards allegedly punched a friend of LeBron James in the face outside a Cleveland night club early Monday morning. ... Apparently punching a friend of King James is as good as a get-out-of-the-worst-franchise-in-football free card.

• PGA Tour officials had to remind Michael Jordan that he could not smoke at Harding Park, a public golf course, which is hosting the President Cup. Jordan is an honorary assistant captain for the United States during the event. ... Sorry, MJ, but believe it or not, rules apply to you, too.

• First-round draft pick Michael Crabtree and the San Francisco 49ers have agreed to terms on a contract after months of unsuccessful negotiations. ... Maybe Crabtree realized the 3-1 Niners and a five-year contract are a better option than a futon and Family Guy re-runs.

• Jonathan Roy, son of former NHL great Patrick Roy, pled guilty to assault charges yesterday stemming from an incident when he skated the length of the ice to beat on the opposing goalie. ... I know Daddy was a great goaltender, Jon, but maybe you'd be better off in the boxing ring.

• Major League Baseball playoffs get into full swing this week. ... Yes, there is more than just football played in the fall.

Contact staff writer Reilly Moore at reilly.moore@richmond.edu