• Jamaican sprinter Usain Bolt adopted a 3-month-old cheetah cub named Lightning Bolt this week. ... That could be a dangerous combo in a father-son three-legged race.
• San Antonio Spurs point guard Manu Ginobili swatted a bat that had been released in the arena during a game against the Sacramento Kings on Halloween night. ... Whoever thought dressing as a bat and flying around the court must have gotten a rude awakening.
• The Oakland Raiders are looking into the violent history of head coach Tom Cable, who has been accused of assault by multiple people in recent weeks. Some football experts expet Cable to be fired. If owner Al Davis does give Cable the boot, he better bring some of his linemen with him to serve as bodyguards. ... Then again, they can't protect Jamarcus Russell, so maybe he'd need to hire professionals.
• The Calgary Flames players received vaccinations for H1N1 before the public, while thousands in Alberta waited for hours to get the vaccine. ... The swine doesn't even like cold weather. If anyone should get the vaccines early, it should be the guys who play with a pigskin.
• The Richmond football team received a vote in The Associated Press Top 25 college football poll. ... If the Spiders keep winning, they could steal a bid to the EagleBank Bowl.
Contact staff writer Reilly Moore at firstname.lastname@example.org
Support independent student media
You can make a tax-deductible donation by clicking the button below, which takes you to our secure PayPal account. The page is set up to receive contributions in whatever amount you designate. We look forward to using the money we raise to further our mission of providing honest and accurate information to students, faculty, staff, alumni and others in the general public.Donate Now