Monday, April 29, 2024

Two-Minute Drill: 3/25/10

• Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger is in the news for the wrong reasons again, this time for allegedly assaulting a 20-year-old college student at a night club. ... Hey Ben, you're an NFL quarterback with Super Bowl rings. If you need to harass women to get them to go out with you, maybe you need some mouthwash.

• Tiger Woods practiced at Augusta National this week for the first time since stories of his marital infidelities broke in November. ... Yes, that's right, he still plays golf when he's not playing the field.

• Cornell University is the lowest seed remaining in the NCAA tournament and its four senior starters will face a predominantly freshman Kentucky team tonight. ... The Big Red have proven the Ivy League can compete on the court as well as in the classroom, but the real must-see TV would be watching Kentucky guard John Wall try to pass a Cornell physics class.

• NFL owners voted on Tuesday to revise the rules governing overtime during the playoffs so that teams must score a touchdown to win on the first possession. ... Seems like a great change, until Donovan McNabb forgets the rules, takes a knee and Philly erupts in a ball of fire.

• My last TMD is coming to an end. I hope you all enjoyed it as much as I did. ... And no, that is not a quote from Tiger's most recent interview on The Golf Channel.

Contact staff writer Reilly Moore at reilly.moore@richmond.edu