Spiders for Life endorses Cuccinelli

Ken Cuccinelli has a long history of standing up for the innocent--from his work with preventing sexual assault to protecting the preborn--and that is why the Spiders for Life are endorsing Ken Cuccinelli for governor.

In 2011, the Virginia General Assembly passed legislation to apply the same health and safety codes that apply to hospitals to abortion clinics. When these clinics were inspected, more than 80 violations were cited, including dried blood on surfaces and unclean surgical instruments. Cuccinelli ensured that the law was implemented and passed for the safety of all women entering these clinics.

Although some like to say that Cuccinelli wants to eliminate contraception altogether, that is false. He believes that the government has no place in the regulation of contraception, and if he was elected governor, he would not make any changes to laws regarding contraception access.

In addition to his pro-life views, Cuccinelli has also worked to protect women through all stages of their lives. As a student at the University of Virginia, he started the first-of-its-kind program to prevent sexual assault on his campus as well as running multiple domestic violence programs through his time in college. While he was attorney general, Cuccinelli devoted time, effort and staff to fight human trafficking, including women who had been forced into sexual slavery. Because of his efforts with human trafficking, Virginia was recognized by the Polaris Project for its improvements in fighting modern-day slavery.

In contrast to Cuccinelli's record of protecting women from conception until death, McAuliffe wants to have abortion on demand, for any reason (including the sex of the child), and paid for by taxpayers. This is an extreme position by any standards, which is why, for his work protecting women at all stages of life, Spiders for Life chooses to endorse Ken Cuccinelli.