A day in the life: Katy Norfleet

What you didn't know about the Panhellenic Council president

<p>Katy Norfleet, president of Panhellenic Council. </p>

Katy Norfleet, president of Panhellenic Council. 

Katy Norfleet currently serves as president of the Panhellenic Council. She is a senior from Wilton, Connecticut, with a major in healthcare and society and minor in biology. Norfleet wanted to serve as the Panhellenic president to start initiatives on campus that embody sisters helping sisters and women helping women. Last fall, Norfleet studied abroad in Khon Kaen, Thailand, where she organized a community beautification project to clean up villages. Over the summer, she went to Peru with the Richmond Global Health Alliance, which travels to regions with no access to healthcare or modern resources. Norfleet has been honored to work for the Greek community, and has felt fortunate to be a part of bringing an additional sorority to campus. Something you don’t know about her? Every time she goes to CVS, she has to buy the latest celebrity gossip magazine. Here’s a glimpse into a day in her life.

6:15 a.m. – Alarm blares. Check every social media platform (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook).

6:30 a.m. – Finally get out of bed.

6:45 a.m. – Drive to the gym because it's too cold outside.

7:00 a.m. – Spin class led by the fabulous Nathalie Ivers.

8:00 a.m. – Drive home, shower, get ready for the day.

8:45 a.m. – Leave my apartment and head to 8:15 before class, because who can survive the day without an iced latte?

9:00 a.m. – Ecology class; we've most recently watched a lot of videos of insects.

10:30 a.m – Psychology class.

11:45 a.m. – Briskly walk back to my apartment, so that I can drive to my favorite lunch spot: Cafe Caturra.

12:00 p.m. – Happily eating my tuscan panini and spinach and goat cheese salad.

1:10 p.m. – Head back to campus and change into more casual clothes.

1:30 p.m. – Ecology lab; we often go trekking through the woods, take specimen sample from the river or identify organisms.

4:00 p.m. – Change back into business casual attire and organize myself for the rest of the evening. I gather homework assignments to complete and prepare myself for the evening's Panhellenic Council meeting. 

6:00 p.m. – Rho Gamma meeting: we are anxiously preparing for Formal Recruitment!

7:00 p.m – Council Meeting: share what's happening in the Panhellenic community.

8:00 p.m. – Head to the library, and pray that I can find a spot on B2. I'm too terrified of the second floor.

11:00 p.m. – Call it quits, and accept that I will never actually finish all that I set out to do.

11:30 p.m. – I'm in bed, watching the next episode of Breaking Bad.

Contact Copy Editor Rebecca Fradkin at rebecca.fradkin@richmond.edu