Rapid recap: Richmond women's basketball beats Wake Forest

Richmond managed to protect its first half lead with solid defense in the second half, hanging on to beat the Wake Forest Demon Deacons 78-70 in a shootout.

Liz Brown had a career-high 24 points and made all four of her three-pointers to go along with seven rebounds and two blocks. She was one of four Spiders to crack double figures in points.

The Demon Deacons were led by Dearica Hamby who had a monster double-double, posting twenty points and eleven rebounds. Nicole Floyd had 14 points and Amber Campbell added 10, but it wasn’t enough for Wake Forest who couldn’t contain the Richmond attack.

The Richmond guards used their quickness to penetrate and found open shooters out on the wings and in the corners all game long. Led by Brown, the Spiders were potent from three-point range, connecting on seven out of 13 throughout the game.

Richmond also managed to draw 28 fouls, leading to 25 free throws and getting several Demon Deacons in foul trouble. By the end of the game, four Wake Forest Players had four fouls and an additional three had picked up three fouls, making things difficult for head coach Jen Hoover.

The win snapped a four-game losing streak for the Spiders, now 4-4 this season. Richmond kicks off a five game road trip on Wednesday against UNC Wilmington at 4:30 p.m.