Live blog: Richmond vs. St. Bonaventure

3:37: Richmond leads 51-39 at the final media timeout. I have a hard time seeing the Bonnies scoring 12 more points in this game.

7:34: A Terry Allen fast-break slam has the crowd as loud as its been today. Richmond holds a 46-33 lead at the under-8 media timeout, and the Spiders look to be running away with the game right now. You can sense that Richmond has all the momentum.

10:56: ShawnDre' Jones drills a 3 to give Richmond a 39-31 lead, its largest lead of the game.

11:45: Richmond holds a 36-31 lead midway through the half. The Spiders opened up a 6-point lead early in the half, and have held on to their breathing room since. Cline hit a 3-pointer during the run, but has not contributed much else on the offensive end. Nelson-Ododa has been the man to fill into Cline's role, which he has done well. He leads the Spiders in scoring in rebounding with 10 of each.

18:30: Cline picked up his third foul, and now he's back on the bench.

Halftime: Richmond holds a 25-23 lead at the break. Neither coach could be too happy with his team's offense in the first half. There is good news too; both teams will get their best big man back in the second half. Richmond's T.J. Cline and St. Bonaventure's Youssou Ndoye picked up two quick fouls and watched most of the first half.

2:06: Kendall must have saw my post. Ge drilled a 3-pointer to bring Richmond within one.

2:58: The Spiders head into the half's final media timeout trailing 20-17. Both teams are still struggling to consistently find good shots. Kendall Anthony has been quiet so, as he's only taken two shots. 

9:10: A Bonnies assitant coach is screaming at his guys to "move the basketball." The Bonnies are struggling against Richmond's matchup zone, shooting 4-14 so far, yet are still close. Richmond leads 11-10.

11:47: Great two-way play from Trey Davis. He blocked a dunk attempt at one end of the floor, and finished in transition at the other. Spiders hold a 10-4 lead after a dunk from Nelson-Ododa in a game where neither team looks great on offense.

18:14: Cline picked up his second foul 30 seconds later, and now heads to the bench.

18:45: A nifty post move by Cline gets him the game's first bucket. More importantly, Ndoye picked up his second foul, and he headed to the bench. Cline completed the 3-point play.

Pregame: Anthony, Cline, Allen, Taylor and Davis get the start for Richmond. Tipoff is moments away.

Pregame: Hello everyone. Thanks for tuning into The Collegian's coverage of Richmond men's basketball. Today, the Spiders (8-7, 1-1) will welcome St. Bonaventure to the Robins Center. The Bonnies (8-5, 1-1), who are coming off a lopsided loss at Dayton, have a balanced scoring attack with five players averaging in double figures. Their bench, however, is seemingly short, as those five players average more than 30 minutes of playing play. Youssou Ndoye, a 7-foot Senegalese Center who averages a 11 rebounds in addition to his 10 points, will be tough matchup for a frontline that has had rebounding woes this year.