Live blog: Richmond vs. Davidson

After 40 minutes of Richmond's best basketball, the Spiders win 89-63. This win was huge for the Spiders and could potentially save their season. Thanks for following along.

3:02 -- Richmond has secured a victory, building an insurmountable lead over the Wildcats. The Spiders lead 86-60 and despite a small run by Davidson, the game is out of reach. 

3:57 -- Richmond is not letting up. Anthony makes another 3-pointer and the 31-point lead is maintained. This could go down as the win that turns the Spiders' season around. 

6:25 -- Josh Jones runs coast-to-coast and draws the foul on a dunk attempt. The referees ruled it a basket and a foul, but he was unable to convert the free-throw. The score is 79-48. 

6:43 -- Davidson can't buy a basket at any price right now. Another Wildcat miss turns into a fast-break layup for Cline, who now has 23 points to lead the Spiders. The lead is still 31 points. 

7:50 -- Davidson's fans and coaches continue to yell for fouls that aren't being called. Everything is going the Spiders' way.

9:48 -- The 3-pointers are carrying the Spiders to their best performance of the season. Nelson-Ododa lines one up and drains it, then Anthony gets his turn and buries his sixth 3-pointer of the night with a defender in his face. The Spiders now lead 73-42. 

11:00 -- Terry Allen has been unstoppable tonight. He hits his first 3-pointer and now has 19 points. 

11:29 -- A loose-ball foul is called on Davidson, prompting an assistant coach to holler "unbelievable" from the Wildcats' bench. The frustration continues for the visiting team, and the Spiders continue to execute. 

12:10 -- The Spiders may be playing their best basketball of the season. Nelson-Ododa hop-steps and throws down a two-handed dunk, the first dunk of the game by either team. Davidson responds with a 3-pointer but the lead is still 25 for the Spiders. 

13:13 -- Davidson draws two touch fouls from Richmond and then takes advantage with a 3-point play. The score is now 62-36. 

14:15 -- Richmond is determined to win this game. Terry Allen uses a spin move to earn a 3-point play, and Cline responds by fist-pumping at mid-court. Everything is going Richmond's way and everyone in the arena knows it, including Davidson's frustrated coaches. 

16:30 -- Just when it appears that Davidson is going to steal the momentum, Richmond responds. Two straight layups for Richmond push the lead to 57-33. 

18:00 -- Richmond opens the first half with three straight 3-pointers, two from Cline and one from Anthony. Cline makes 3-pointers look like buttering toast. Richmond has serious momentum now, as the lead in 53-29 and the Robins Center is alive. 

Interesting swag note of the night: Kendall Anthony is wearing generic white socks. No Nike swoosh needed... maybe this is the secret to drilling 3-pointers. We'll have to see how he fairs in the second half. 

At the end of the first half, Richmond leads Davidson 42-27. The teams looked to have switched uniforms for the first 20 minutes -- the Spiders looked like the team contending for an NCAA tournament spot, and the Wildcats looked like the pedestrian team in the middle of the conference standings. Kendall Anthony and TJ Cline have led the Spiders in scoring with 14 and 11 points respectively, but Richmond really has about seven players providing solid contributions so far. One would expect Davidson to clean up its act in the second half, so expect a more tightly contested half and perhaps a Davidson comeback. 

:39.4 -- Kendall Anthony was having none of that. He drills his fourth 3-pointer, exciting the crowd in the Robins Center and pushing the lead back up to 17. 

:50.9 -- As good as the Spiders have been in the first half, Davidson is stealing some momentum going into halftime. The Wildcats score an easy layup and then get fouled on a 3-point attempt, narrowing the lead to 14 points. 

2:50 -- Davidson forces Cline into a travel, and then connects on a wide-open 3-pointer. Anthony responds though, drilling a step-back jumper from the baseline. 

At the U-4 media timeout, the fans in the Robins Center are told that Anthony's last 3-pointer made him the school's all-time leader in that department. He earns a well-deserved standing ovation from the fans.

4:22 -- Davidson coach Bob McKillop and his players are all visibly frustrated. McKillop gives the ref an earful of French words and his players continue to throw errant passes and commit turnovers. 

5:11 -- The Spiders are playing winning basketball in all phases. Anthony makes another 3-pointer, while Davidson continues to struggle on offense because of Richmond's active defense. 

6:40 -- Richmond's ball movement continues to confuse the Wildcats. Anthony gets open for his second 3-pointer, and on the next possession Terry Allen draws contact and converts for a 3-point play opportunity. His free-throw is good and the Spiders now lead 32-16. 

7:22 -- Davidson has proven that it can score, hitting another 3-pointer, but Richmond continues to answer. Jones and Cline are working the pick-and-roll to perfection, as Cline takes another pass to the hoop and draws the foul. He will be at the line looking to convert the 3-point play and increase the lead to 11. 

8:47 -- TJ Cline continues to score on easy layups. Coach Chris Mooney's offense is operating efficiently with Cline as the beneficiary -- he now has nine points. 

9:15 -- Not much scoring in the past few minutes. The score is 22-11 and Richmond is impressively hanging onto its lead. 

11:36 -- The Spiders are all feeling it right now. Kendall Anthony pulls up for a contested 3-pointer and drills it, making the lead 20-8. Richmond is shooting 67 percent and holding Davidson to just 30 percent so far. 

13:30 -- Richmond is playing with a purpose today. The team is hustling as much as it has all year, and the Davidson coaches are becoming frustrated because their players are committing touch fouls and turnovers at an alarming rate. 

15:07 -- A nice post move from Terry Allen and a 3-pointer from Jones widen the Spider lead to 15-6.

15:58 -- Nelson-Ododa and ShawnDre' Jones check into the game for the Spiders. Nelson-Ododa makes an impact immediately, hitting a wide-open 3-pointer and making the score 10-4, Richmond. 

17:02 -- After the Spiders played active defense for the first few minutes, Jack Gibbs hits a mid-range jumper to put Davidson on the board. Richmond leads 7-2, and if the team continues to hustle on the defensive end, this game could be a close one. 

19:20 -- After a strong defensive possession, TJ Cline scores on a fast-break layup to give the Spiders an early 2-0 lead. On the next trip down, Cline excites the crowd with a 3-pointer and Richmond now leads 5-0. 

The Spiders' starting introductions are cool no matter how many times you've seen them. Interesting note though, Alonzo Nelson-Ododa is not in today's starting lineup. 

Hello everyone, thank you for tuning in to The Collegian today. I'm Charlie Broaddus and I will be providing updates and analysis throughout today's basketball game between the Richmond Spiders and the Davidson Wildcats. The Spiders will try to build some momentum with a signature win, while Davidson will try to continue its bid for a spot in the NCAA tournament. We are about 25 minutes from tip-off, stay tuned!