UR Weekly Roundup | Week of Oct. 9

<p>Photos by Madyson Fitzgerald and Ben Wasserstein.</p>

Photos by Madyson Fitzgerald and Ben Wasserstein.

Another five days of classes and fall break will be upon us. Before the break starts, here are some events you may not want to miss.

Indian Classical Violin

Tuesday 7:30 p.m. to 8:45 p.m.

Indian classical violinist Kala Ramnath will perform and participate in a Q&A session at the Carole Weinstein International Center. This concert is free and is part of the Global Music Series, which aims to promote the music of cultures around the world.

Frozen: The Musical

Wednesday to Sunday

Based on the Oscar-winning Disney film, “Frozen: The Musical” is a heartwarming story about the power of love and sisterhood. The show features all of the beloved songs from the film, as well as new music written by the original songwriters, Kristen Anderson-Lopez and Robert Lopez. Come to the Altria Theater to see the musical; tickets start at $28.50.

Outdoor Movie Night

Friday 6 p.m. to 10:35 p.m.

If you are looking to celebrate the spooky season, come to the Jenkins Greek Theater for a double feature screening of “Freaky Friday” and “Friday the 13th.” Make sure you bring snacks, drinks, a blanket and some friends. The event is free, and you can register here

Switchfoot: The Beautiful Letdown 20th Anniversary Tour

Friday 8 p.m.

Switchfoot is a Grammy-winning San Diego rock band and is on tour to celebrate the 20th anniversary of its album “The Beautiful Letdown.” The band will perform in The National at 708 E Broad St. alongside country singer Alana Springsteen. Tickets start at $33 and can be purchased here.

Richmond Folk Festival

Friday to Sunday

In its 19th edition, the Richmond Folk Festival will feature performances by more than 30 artists, showcasing genres from bluegrass and gospel to salsa and son jarocho, according to its website. Additionally, visitors will also find a marketplace with local artisans and food from 30 vendors. The festival will feature six stages, spanning from 2nd Street to 5th Street and all across Brown’s Island. Admission is free, and if you cannot attend all three days, the festival will also be broadcast live on Virginia Public Media.  

Contact lifestyle editor Son Tran at son.tran@richmond.edu