Tuesday, May 14, 2024

Collision: Multiple students arrested in Gray Court for large party

Editor's Note: The following article is satirical in nature and should in no way be taken as truth.

A large party ended Saturday night with multiple arrests of Richmond and Westhampton students.

A party on the third floor of Gray Court overflowed into the halls Saturday night, prompting a massive response from the on-duty Resident Assistants. Exploiting a lesser-known rule wherein resident assistants write up only the owner of the room in which a party is occurring, the students all claimed to not "live in the hall."

After a reported "close call," the resident assistants decided to call the police who, upon seeing the debauchery, placed all 14 students involved under arrest.

Jordan Lyons, a Richmond College sophomore said: "I wasn't involved, but I walked past it. If I were still an R.A. I would have done the same thing."

Commenting on the situation in general, Andrew Bouriat, a friend of some of the arrested, said: "The third floor [of Gray Court] is more or less a jungle. I fear being eaten alive up there."

Five of the original 14 students were released later that night after authorities determined they were "not intoxicated." The other nine have since been let out on bail.

Charges levied against the defendants include underage possession of alcohol, disturbing the peace and resisting arrest.

"In Gray, there's really not a lot of peace to disturb," quipped Zach Stewart, a web developer for The Collegian Online.

Suspects face up to a one year driving license suspension, up to 12 months in jail, and a fine upwards of $2,000.

Authorities are not releasing names in accordance with the wishes of the suspects.

All suspects are innocent until proven guilty in a court of law.

If you partook in this little prank of ours over the past 24 hours I thank you for giving us Collegianers a good hearty laugh. Anyway, this was the brainchild of web designer Zach Stewart, and is completely false in nature. April Fools!

Contact staff writer Avril Tolos at avril.tolos@richmond.edu-