Media Timeout: 3/3/2011

• The Washington Redskins cut one of its more charismatic and productive players Monday when the front office released runningback Clinton Portis. Portis was hampered with injuries during the past two seasons, and as a result, he only played 13 games. Portis leaves The District 77 yards short of 10,000 career rushing yards and leaves the Skins 648 yards shy of one of his oft-stated goals -- Hall of Famer John Riggins' franchise record. Always a big talker, Portis' mouth often got him into trouble, but his creative costumes during the 2005 season may have helped the team reach the playoffs for the first time in six years. Let's hope that the Skins draft another colorful character, then maybe they will make the playoffs again. Perhaps our own Martin Parker will be that colorful character for the Skins.

• Pittsburgh Steelers wide receiver Hines Ward will be dancing along a different sideline and endzone starting March 21. Ward, along with former welterweight champ Sugar Ray Leonard, will be among 11 celebrity contestants on ABC's "Dancing with the Stars." If Ward was denied the chance to dance in the endzone at Super Bowl XLV, then here is his second chance.

• The luck of the Irish struck three weeks before St. Patrick's Day. The Irish national cricket team stunned the English national team with three-wickets on Wednesday in the ICC Cricket World Cup. The Emerald Isle finally found its pot o' gold.