Sunday, April 28, 2024

Spider of the Week: Elizabeth Sims

Q: Did you do anything different to prepare for the A-10 Tournament? What was your mindset going into the matches?

A: For me personally, I had to focus on staying relaxed in order to play my best tennis. Being part of the number one seeded team, you have to walk out on the court believing that you are better than your opponent, and want to show her why Richmond is the top team to beat.

Q: What has been your favorite memory as a Spider so far in your career?

A: My favorite memory as a Spider so far was definitely the A-10 finals. I was lucky to be the first match off and get to cheer on my teammates. The best part was celebrating our victory right after we won. We have such a fun and crazy team, which made winning much more exciting.

Q: What do you hope to accomplish, as a team and individually, for the remainder of your career?

A: My goal as a team is to be A-10 champions all four years. Personally, I want to work my way up the line-up and make a stronger impact on my team. I'm working on developing a bigger game and serving and volleying more to have quicker, more decisive points.