Spider of the Week: Gabi Wiegand

Year: Sophomore

Sport: Women's Lacrosse

Position: Attack

Height: 5'5"

What she did: Had 11 points in two games last weekend, including a career-high seven goals and two assists against St. Bonaventure on Sunday.

Q: Did you prepare any differently before your game against St. Bonaventure?

A: I came into the St. Bonnies game wanting to make a statement to the A-10, not necessarily for myself as a player but for our team in general. I just wanted to help out as much as I could in the victory whether it was scoring, assisting or just doing all of the little things right.

Q: How have you felt about the 2011 season thus far?

A: This season has definitely been tough starting out with such a demanding non-conference schedule. We have lost to teams we knew we were capable of beating and I think now that we are in conference play we are carrying around a chip on our shoulder.

Q: What do you hope to accomplish with the rest of your Spider career, both personally and for the team?

A: I would love to help carry the team to be a top-ranked team in the nation. I believe we have the skill level and we just need to put everything together. I also want to see Richmond take control of the A-10 conference and hold on to it for years to come. With our talent we should be able to separate ourselves from the rest of the A-10 and make a statement to the entire lacrosse community.