Live Football Blog: Richmond at Delaware

4th Quarter 0:00- Pass incomplete. UR wins. Rapid Recap to come. Thanks for reading.

4th Quarter 0:03- Delaware falls on the squib kick at the 39. It will have one last shot.

4th Quarter 0:04- Strauss hits Diggs on a slant to give UR 45-43. Pat is good. UR leads 46-43.

4th Quarter 0:07- UR uses final timeout.

4th Quarter 0:07- Strauss hits Ponder who is tackled at the 3. A Delaware player is injured, which essentially gives Richmond a bonus timeout.

4th Quarter 0:13- Strauss hits Diggs, who is tackled at the 25. Richmond uses its second timeout.

4th Quarter 0:19- Brown drops a pass he should have had.

4th Quarter 0:36- Strauss hits Barnette then he hits Ponder over the middle. Ball on Delaware's 39.

4th Quarter 0:40- Strauss' pass sails over Barnette.

4th Quarter 0:45- The kickoff goes out of the endzone.

4th Quarter 0:45- Pierce rushes for an 11-yard TD, giving Delaware its first lead of the game. The two-point conversion

4th Quarter 1:09- Pierce rushes for a first down.

4th Quarter 1:23- Delaware runs for three yards and Richmond uses its first timeout.

4th Quarter 2:02- The Spiders nearly had an interception, but the ball fell into Jerel Harrison's hands. 1st and 10 from the 21.

4th Quarter 2:25- Pierce dives for a 1st down. Ball at the 39.

4th Quarter 2:50- Richmond should have had a sack, but a QB scramble sets up a 3rd and 1.

4th Quarter 3:13- A 14-yard reception moves the ball to Delaware's 49. Roane knocks down the first-down pass.

4th Quarter 3:35- Delaware faces a 4th a 3 from the 35. It will go for it.

4th Quarter 3:55- Broadus' pooch punt goes out of bounds at the 28.

4th Quarter 4:01- Strauss hits Barnette for a 17-yard reception, but its a yard short of the first down. Delaware uses a timeout.

4th Quarter 4:57- Richmond called for a delay of game. The Spiders looked rattled.

4th Quarter 5:16- Strauss is sacked on first down. A short pass on second down loses a yard. 3rd and 14.

4th Quarter 7:30- Strauss hits Ponder for a gain of 7. Strauss reaches 451 passing yards, a new school record.

4th Quarter 9:13- The conversion fails. Richmond leads, 39-37.

4th Quarter 9:13- Delaware runs the same play-action pass play it used to score inside the five earlier today, and it works again. Now for the two-point conversion...

4th Quarter 9:55- Hurley drops the snap and falls on the ball immediately.

4th Quarter 10:01- Another pass-interfence call against the Spiders gives Delaware a first and goal from the 2. This call was more obvious.

4th Quarter 10:56- Richmond is called for pass interference. Coach Rocco is furious. Questionable call for sure, but Richmond has had its fair share of breaks today. 1st and 10 from the 18.

4th Quarter 11:06- the pass falls incomplete. Delaware to go for it on fourth down. It calls a timeout.

4th Quarter 11:09- A Delaware false start on a 3rd and four makes it a 3rd and nine from Richmond's 33.

4th Quarter 12:18- Delaware fumbles, and I thought Richmond recovered, but the Blue Hens retain possesion.

4th Quarter 12:39- Delaware already moves the ball into Richmond territory on a 23-yard catch by Rob Jones.

4th Quarter 13:27- A good open field tackle forces Richmond into a fourth and 3. Brandon Jordi's 34-yard kick is good. Richmond leads, 39-31.

3rd Quarter 0:00- Strauss hits Brian Brown for a 37-yard completion. Delaware's safeties disappeared once again. Richmond will have a 1st and 10 from the 23 to start the 4th quarter.

3rd Quarter 0:17- Defensive holding bails Richmond out on a 3rd and 5. 1st and 10 from Richmond's 40.

3rd Quarter 1:47- Poor coverage and tackling from the Richmond secondary result in an 80-yard touchdown pass. Delaware trails, 36-31.

3rd Quarter 2:26- A touchback on the punt gives Delaware the ball at the 20.

3rd Quarter 2:33- Strauss' pass is broken up. Richmond is 1-6 on third downs after starting 4-4.

3rd Quarter 2:55- Richmond has a 3rd and 7 from Delaware's 33.

3rd Quarter 4:00- Strauss hits Ponder, who is over 100 receiving yards for the first time in his career.

3rd Quarter 5:35- Fisher breaks a 19-yard run up the middle. Strauss hits Diggs on the ensuing play for a 5-yard game. 2nd and 5 from Richmond's 38.

3rd Quarter 5:47- Delaware answers with a 12-yard touchdown reception. Spiders lead 36-24.

3rd Quarter 6:59- Delaware makes a 30-yard completion. Ball on Richmond's 40.

3rd Quarter 7:18 Strauss hits a wide-open Stephen Barnette for a 46-yard gain. Strauss hits Hinter Westfall for a 23-yard touchdown catch on the ensuing play. Richmond leads, 36-17.

3rd Quarter 8:10- A short reception from Ponder is enough for a first down. Ball on the 31.

3rd Quarter 9:32- Richmond will take over at the 20 after the touchback.

3rd Quarter 10:07- Delaware QB Trent Hurley drops the snap on 3rd and 1 and is sacked. It is now 4th and 13. Delaware to punt.

3rd Quarter 11:18- an 11-yard reception gives the Blue Hens a first down.

3rd Quarter 11:25- A great pass from the Delaware RB is dropped. Delaware would have had a 1st and goal but now it has a 2nd and 10.

3rd Quarter 11:45- Three possessions this half have resulted in three three-and-outs. Gulli shanked his punt and Delaware will start it Richmond's 48.

3rd Quarter 13:08- A sack by Kerry Wynn on third down forces Delaware to punt.

3rd Quarter 14:12- Delaware forces Richmond into a three-and-out. Delaware will start from its own 40.

Halftime: Edwards is doubtful to return, according to Richmond Athletics.

Halftime: Richmond leads, 29-17 at the half. The Spiders dominated the Blue Hens for the game's first 20 minutes but Delaware stormed back midway through the second quarter. Brown's touchdown at the end of the half gave the Spiders some breathing room at the break. Delaware will kickoff to start the second half.

2nd Quarter 0:09- Blown coverage by Delaware results in a 50-yard T=touchdown catch by Brian Brown. Richmond leads 29-17.

2nd Quarter 0:50- Delaware pounds it in from the one. Delaware, which has dominated Richmond in the last 10 minutes, cut the Spiders lead to 22-17.

2nd Quarter 0:54- Delaware brings the ball to the 1 after two running plays. Richmond calls a timeout.

2nd Quarter 2:08- Delaware has 1st and goal from the 8 after a QB keeper picks up a first down.

2nd Quarter 2:43- Delaware blocks the punt and the Blue Jays will take over on the Spiders' 22.

2nd Quarter 2:49- Delaware forces the Spiders into a three-and-out. Richmond to punt.

2nd Quarter 3:44- A well-designed play-action pass to the TE is good for a touchdown. Delaware trails, 22-10

2nd Quarter 4:39- Richmond stuffs three run plays. 4th and goal from the 1. Delaware will go for it.

2nd Quarter 5:27- Delaware has a 1st and goal from the 6.

2nd Quarter 6:38- A screen picks up a 11 and Delaware is in the redzone.

2nd Quarter 7:22- Delaware moved the ball to the 40 setting up a third and three. Delaware gets the first down on a QB keeper.

2nd Quarter- 8:19 This game is getting chippy. The refs have had to break up a couple quick fights. Both teams just received off-setting personal fouls. Delaware faces a 2nd and 16 from its own 47.

2nd Quarter 8:55- Delaware faces another long 3rd down, but this time the Blue Hens pick it up. Delaware gets another first down on the next play, entering Richmond territory.

2nd Quarter 10:44- Broadus pushes his way into the endzone and catches a pass for the two-point conversion. Richmond leads, 22-3. The Delaware fans were booing their team.

2nd Quarter 10:29- Strauss hits a wide-open Rashad Ponder over the middle for a 75-yard gain. 1st and goal from the 3. That was the Spiders' longest play of the year.

2nd Quarter 11:05- A second down pass to Fisher is just barely good enough for a first down. That was a generous spot for Richmond.

2nd Quarter 11:45- A good punt is downed at the 12.

2nd Quarter 11:58- Barnette breaks up the pass. Delaware to punt.

2nd Quarter 12:05- Delaware burns its second timeout on a 3rd and 9.

2nd Quarter 13:01- Richmond has ran the ball 15 times for 80 yards so far. It has ran the ball three more times than it has thrown it, which is uncharacteristic for them but the balance has made its offense really difficult for Delaware to stop.

2nd Quarter 13:01- Strauss lobs a ball to Barnette in the endzone and he leaps up and snatches it out of the air for a touchdown. After the extra point, Richmond leads, 14-3.

2nd Quarter 12:36- Strauss takes the QB draw to the 21. 1st and 10.

2nd Quarter 14:42- Strauss rolls to his right and hits freshman Brian Brown for a 22-yard reception. Strauss hits Barnette for another first down.

2nd Quarter 14:49- Edwards was hit hard on the punt return and he is limping off the field.

1st Quarter 0:00- Delaware gets 5 yards on the run, but the Spiders for the Blue Hens into its second 3-and-out.

1st Quarter 1:13- Richmond stuffs the Delaware carry and look for a safety but the refs mark the ball on the goal line. Aaron Roane lays a big hit on the next run play. 3rd and 8 from the 2.

1st Quarter 1:38- Strauss is hit and throws a pass into a Delaware defender's hands. Delaware will take over on the 1.

1st Quarter 2:11- Fisher is stuffed on the carry. 3rd and goal from the 4.

1st Quarter 2:38- Broadus takes the snap and bursts threw the line to the 5. He takes the carry on the ensuing play to the 3.

1st Quarter 3:53- Strauss runs the ball up the middle and gets the first down. a face-mask penalty on Delaware will give the Spiders an additional 15 yards. Ball on the 27.

1st Quarter 4:20- Moon gets maybe a yard on the carry. It will be a 3rd and 2.

1st Quarter 5:05- Strauss hits Diggs on the slant. Richmond has a 2nd and 2.

1st Quarter 6:05- Broadus pushes his way to a first down on a 3rd and 1. 1st and 10 from Richmond's 48.

1st Quarter 7:54- Strauss is hit as he throws but his pass is caught by Edwards for a 9-yard gain.

1st Quarter 8:10- The Blue Hens answer with a field goal. Delaware moved the ball into Richmond's territory quickly, but a stand by the defense held the Blue Hens to a field goal. Spiders lead. 7-3.

1st Quarter 9:40- Edwards makes a diving catch in the endzone. Jordi's kick is good. Spiders lead, 7-0. The scoring drive was 10 plays for 67 yards. Strauss' 21st touchdown pass is a school record for a single season.

1st Quarter 9:49- Strauss' fade to Barnette is broken up, setting up third and goal.

1st Quarter 10:21- T.J. Moon takes his first carry to the four.

1st Quarter 10:56- Strauss hits Reggie Diggs along the sideline, who is pushed out at the 9.

1st Quarter 11:02- Fisher is hit at the line but falls forward for a 2-yard gain. 3rd and 4. Delaware calls a timeout.

1st Quarter 12:24- The O-line opens a huge whole for Seth Fisher for carries the ball 13 yards before being brought down. Fisher runs for four yards on the next play. 2nd and 6 from Delaware's 26.

1st Quarter 12:51- Strauss hits Barnette along the left sideline for a 7-yard gain.

1st Quarter 13:23- Strauss hits Edwards on a slant, which picks up 18 yards. 1st and 10 from Delaware's 49.

1st Quarter 14:02- The third-down pass falls incomplete. Edwards returns the ensuing punt to Richmond's 33.

1st Quarter 14:52 - After Yoder's kickoff goes out of bounds, Delaware's attempted flea flicker falls incomplete. A two-yard run on the next play sets up a 3rd and 8.

Pregame- Welcome to The Collegian's coverage of Richmond Football. After a hectic four hour drive, I made it to Delaware Stadium where the Delaware Blue Jays host the Spiders. Check out my preview to get heading into the game.

Contact staff writer Jack Nicholson at jack.nicholson@richmond.edu

Follow him on twitter at @Jack_Nicholson