Richmond at Northeastern first-half analysis

First-half score: Richmond - 40, Northeastern - 28

Analysis: Richmond shot 56.5 percent from the field, as it leads 40-28 lead at the half. Richmond and Northeastern traded baskets early, but an 14-4 run over a 5:45 span gave Richmond a 22-12 lead midway through the half. After this run, Richmond was able maintain a comfortable lead for the remainder of the half. Derrick Williams, who scored 10 points, starred in the first half with two 3-pointers and good play on the blocks. As a whole, the Spiders shot an impressive 6-11 from three-point range. Cedrick Lindsay, who had 10 points and two assists, played the role as facilitator in the opening 20 minutes. Northeastern, which shot 36.4 percent from the field, struggled at times with Richmond's matchup zone, but shot 3-6 from three-point range.

What to look for in the second half: Williams looked as good as he has all season in the first half. If he can keep this strong play in the second half, the Spiders should run away with this. Lindsay was relatively quiet, but he has been affective as a distributor. I expect him to look for his shot more in the second half. Scott Eatherton, who had five points and three rebounds, was the focal point of the Huskies' offense in the first half. Although his stat-line does not show it, much of the huskies offense went through the 6-8 junior, who leads the huskies with 17 points and 10 rebounds per game. Stopping Northeastern seems pretty straight forward - contain Eatherton and limit clean outside looks and you should be good. Richmond has done pretty well at this so far, and it will need to continue to pressure Eatherton to maintain its lead.

Follow us on twitter or like us on facebook for updates in the second half.

Contact staff writer Jack Nicholson at jack.nicholson@richmond.edu

Follow him on twitter at @Jack_Nicholson